WTB: Maxtrax

FandL

JK ADDICTION
Not sure if you would be interested in these, but Amazon sells another make that is the same as Maxtrax. They are Maxsa Escape Buddy for $148. Considerably less that Maxtrax and are the same. I have the Maxsa and have used them in soft sand. Worked great......

KK6POV

Adventurer
Not sure if you would be interested in these, but Amazon sells another make that is the same as Maxtrax. They are Maxsa Escape Buddy for $148. Considerably less that Maxtrax and are the same. I have the Maxsa and have used them in soft sand. Worked great......

I second this ^^^

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Go to dirt circus off road. Scott it a fantastic customer service ambassador!! They offer free shipping actually stock them in a variety of coulors and have the best price I have found!!! Just ordered a set today!

nocean

Adventurer
So, in your opinion, the Amazon options is a good option? I remember the Overland Journal reviews and there were a lot of competitors, but MaxTrax won out above them. Even for simple things like when used and it gets full of mud, one of the off brand options just would not empty out, where Matrax just hit it and it cleared out. Any thoughts from more than a few times use or more than just sand?

thanks

Camelfilter

Explorer
So, in your opinion, the Amazon options is a good option? I remember the Overland Journal reviews and there were a lot of competitors, but MaxTrax won out above them. Even for simple things like when used and it gets full of mud, one of the off brand options just would not empty out, where Matrax just hit it and it cleared out. Any thoughts from more than a few times use or more than just sand?

thanks

I didn't read the article, so take this with a grain-o-salt: mud not clearing out? Treat the bottom with something. PTFE comes to mind (Teflon), can buy it as a high % in bike lubes.

They'll be "slippery" yet with the weight of a truck on them would grab (think shear stress)...

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
PTFE comes to mind (Teflon)
Forget that, too expensive. Use spray tire dressing or cooking spray (like knockoffs of Pam). The cooking spray is usually available for $1/can. You can also spray your wheels and wheel wells before you go to make it easier to hose mud off after a trip.

libarata

Expedition Leader
Pretty sure maxtrax always wins, because of the marketing fanboyship. You can usually tell by how pig headed the fans are.

GetOutThere

Adventurer
Pretty sure Maxtrax usually wins because it's a high quality product which has out-done imitators in practically every category of every third party test ever conducted.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Pretty sure maxtrax always wins, because of the marketing fanboyship. You can usually tell by how pig headed the fans are.

Oh really. :rolleyes:

And which ones do you have experience with?

Pretty sure Maxtrax usually wins because it's a high quality product which has out-done imitators in practically every category of every third party test ever conducted.

That aligns with my opinion. Look, they are not for everyone and there are other options on the market that will work for some BUT when you've had Maxtrax save the day, the week heck the month... you don't get start getting cheap ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior