iPad mini on sale at Best Buy

haven

Expedition Leader
Best Buy has put the iPad Mini 2 on sale again. For example, the 32 GB Mini with WiFi plus Cellular is $330, a savings of $100
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/ipad-mini-2-savings
Apple sells this model for $480 on its web site.

Note that the sale is for the second generation iPad Mini, released in Fall 2013. The third gen model, released a year later, has the Touch ID fingerprint sensor and Apple Pay. Otherwise, the Mini 2 and Mini 3 share the same hardware and software.

I think the iPad Mini 2 is the second oldest device in Apple's inventory. The oldest is the 3rd generation Apple TV, introduced in 2012. Rumors say Apple TV will receive an update to A8 hardware this summer, in conjunction with a new live TV streaming service that will compete with traditional cable TV providers.

rayra

Expedition Leader
and kojack's wrong, OS absolutely matters. We've still got an iPad 1 laying around and it's no longer supported for OS updates and thus I can't load the latest versions of some favorite apps or many new apps onto it. I had hoped to use it in my vehicle, might still for other things, but it won't be my nav / topo device.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
and kojack's wrong, OS absolutely matters. We've still got an iPad 1 laying around and it's no longer supported for OS updates and thus I can't load the latest versions of some favorite apps or many new apps onto it. I had hoped to use it in my vehicle, might still for other things, but it won't be my nav / topo device.

I guess, apple likes to tie up customers nuts for everything. My android tablet is on 4.2 and runs ALL APPS as of right now. Again, I am right. Apple is form over function always has been always will. Its a fashion accessory for people who want status and sit in starbucks all day. OS VERSION DOES NOT MATTER on ANDROID or MS. I am using two lower versions of the products available from both ANDROID and MS and both run perfectly. Unlike apple who, after a certain period of time, force their users to buy the new model. EVIL EMPIRE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles