Camera equipment FS ...

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
I think I have decided to sell some of my personal camera equipment, to help fund movement toward some 4x5 view camera equipment. (I may still change my mind though.)

I have a complete Olympus E1 system. Most aren't familiar with this camera, but this has been my second go around with it and I love these cameras. Fully weather sealed (they used to demonstrate by pouring water on the kit, then taking pictures with it) and tough (magnesium body) these cameras are professional caliber, quality constructed and reasonably priced. The E1 is kind of a cult classic, a rarity in the world of digital.

The E1, recently replaced by the E3, was the flagship of the 4/3 system and although spec-wise is a bit outdated, is still a fine photographic tool (I recently shot assignments for Toyota 4wd Owner and Overland Journal with it).

Although I use Canon for my day job, there is something special about the E1 that I prefer (for those who know film, it is akin to Kodachrome (E1) vs. Ektachrome.)

I have two cameras, one with about 1,500 actuations (shutter life of 150,000) and one with about 4,500 actuations. Both cameras look new, and both come with the hand grip, the SHLD-2. Instruction manuals are available for both cameras (the Olympus software can be downloaded for free for the current versions). Also, both have the standard batteries so the camera can be used without the hand grip. Most of the standard accessories are also included.

Prices include shipping in continental US via USPS Priority Mail. For Canada or overseas, I'll charge actual shipping cost.

Camera A (1,500 actuations): $550.

Camera B (4,500 actuations): $500.

Lenses, also weathersealed to match the body. This truly is an all-weather system.

11-22 2.8/3.5 (equivalent in 35mm terms to 22-44mm): $550
14-54 2.8/3.5 (equivalent in 35mm terms to 28-108mm): $325 (missing lens hood)
50-200 2.8/3.5 (equivalent in 35mm terms to 100-400mm): $650

Not weather sealed is a lower grade, but optically impressive, 40-150mm 3.5/4.5. This is a kit lens that came with some of the Olympus bodies. $125.

If anybody is interested in more than one item, I'll reduce prices a bit.

I honestly can't see enough good things about this system - I would take it anywhere to work on any assignment in any weather condition. And, it is small - perfect for travel. (Half the size and weight of my Canon system).

OK, the downsides of the E1, of which there are only two that I can think of. A little slow by today's standards: 3 frames/second and only a 12-shot buffer. Above ISO 400 it is noisy (especially compared to Canon). Cleans up well with Noise Ninja, but it is nowhere near as good as what the current crop of cameras is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke