Ford E series seating question

kmg65

Hi all,

Are the seat brackets in the floor of E series vans all the same? I've started planning a van in my head, and my searches have shown me vans with all benches in the back, captain's chairs and benches, and even shuttle vans with all captain's chairs (airliner style.) Do all of these different configurations have the same brackets in the floor? Put another way, can I buy the best van at the best price I can find, and then worry about the seating arrangements after the fact, or do I need to decide on my seating at the beginning? I'm probably looking for a van no more than 10 years old. Or so.

Thanks!

dcguillory

Adventurer
The front bench and rear bench have wider spaced floor brackets then the middle two benches. Extended body

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
its a van, you can set up however you like. Consider it a blank slate, hopefully you'll do it safely.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
All of the passenger vans have the same mounting pattern in the floor, as well as, the same seatbelt mounting points. The actual brackets that bolt to the mounts vary in style, so you have to get the brackets that go with the specific seats you are looking for. Factory 2nd row captain's chairs are usually only found in Chateau models, but the rare XLT may have them. Cargo vans usually do not have factory seat mounting locations, unless it had the factory 2nd row bench. The shuttles typically have factory mounting locations, but use aftermarket seating brackets and seats.

millerfish

Adventurer
The shuttle type vans have a completely different mounting system, my chateau had completely different mounting for the 2nd row captains chairs from the removable 3rd row bench.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
The shuttle type vans have a completely different mounting system, my chateau had completely different mounting for the 2nd row captains chairs from the removable 3rd row bench.

Yes, the mounts(brackets) are different, but the actual holes in the floorboards should be the same across the different trim levels.

Shocker

VanDOOM!
Or you could do what I am planning and install Sprinter seats!

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4081

Integrated seatbelts and headrests, easy to bolt in brackets and the 3 passenger seats can be had fairly cheap.

6c8cff06b61ae31350d89d22cef0455b.jpg

kmg65

All of the passenger vans have the same mounting pattern in the floor, as well as, the same seatbelt mounting points. The actual brackets that bolt to the mounts vary in style, so you have to get the brackets that go with the specific seats you are looking for. Factory 2nd row captain's chairs are usually only found in Chateau models, but the rare XLT may have them. Cargo vans usually do not have factory seat mounting locations, unless it had the factory 2nd row bench. The shuttles typically have factory mounting locations, but use aftermarket seating brackets and seats.

Good, thanks! That's the info I was after.

kmg65

Thanks to all who answered. The Sprinter seats look interesting, but I was really just wondering if I could mix and match Ford seats.

Petrolburner

Explorer
Are the 2 front captain's chairs the same across trim levels? For example, in my 2000 Clubwagon can I swap in the front seats from a 92-07 Chateau or other conversion van? I'm looking for cushy front seats with arm rests.

Stokedonlife

Seat belt

The seat belt mounts are different. I have 2003 and bought 4 beautiful benches out of a 2010. They didn't work. The buckles and receivers are different on the newer style seats.

I noticed it as I was buying them and just thought I would switch the buckles from my older seats. It doesn't work because the older style seat buckles bolt to the base of the seat frame down near the floor, they are about 16" long. And the newer seat buckles bolt to the actual frame of the bench just u set the foam they are only 5" long.

I ended up selling the 4 benches for and buying other ones. The three point harnesses would have been nice though

86scotty

Cynic
I don't know if the Chateau seats are more "cushy" than Clubwagon frt buckets, but they do have arm rests!

About the same. I've had both. The Chateau seats with double armrests are tops in my opinion though! Some of the older Chateau seats have power lumbar (airbags) too. My newer XLT/Clubwagon seats (one armrest) had a manual knob or lumbar and it was good but not nearly as good as the older Chateau I had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles