Super Raptor

klr2mato

Observer
Just sold my 75 Land Cruiser and am now starting my ultimate truck build! Here are some photos of the beginning. This is going to take a couple years to do but it WILL be worth it!
What you are seeing is a 2000 Ford F-350 long bed 4WD pickup with a LOT of miles on it. It will get a new drive train including a Cummins 6BTA, rebuilt and beefed up 4R100 trans, A free spin kit and lockers in both ends and new suspension. Every gadget, gizmo, whatchamacallit and thingy I can think of and a new interior as well as paint.IMG_20140408_180328_118.jpgIMG_20140408_180404_923.jpgIMG_20150208_172259_667.jpgIMG_20150208_172308_838.jpg

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
So I'm assuming by the title you want to make an F-350 style raptor with a Cummins?

Awesome.

turboale

Observer
When it comes to suspension SDHQ has got it all. Pretty sure they have an off road airbag kit for 250s...

klr2mato

Observer
That is exactly correct! I'm going to try and take some design cues from the Raptor truck and incorporate them into this truck.

underdrive

jackwagon
Why put a cummins? The 7.3 is a great reliable motor.
I'm with him. Especially since being a 2000 truck this 7.3 should have the forged connecting rods. Chip it properly, feed it good fuel, do all the common mods, and it'll be greatly reliable and reasonably powerful.

Jomax

Observer
I'm with him. Especially since being a 2000 truck this 7.3 should have the forged connecting rods. Chip it properly, feed it good fuel, do all the common mods, and it'll be greatly reliable and reasonably powerful.

I own 4 7.3s, all over 200k. My DD has 280k and is pushing 450hp to the wheels. I know alot of people wanting to put a cummins, but truly is the end, it's not worth it IMHO. The price for the swap can get expensive fast...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

klr2mato

Observer
Jomax,
There are a number of reasons for the Cummins. First the engine that is in it has 450,000 miles on it and is TIRED! Second is mileage. The Cummins is capable of really good milage in the 20 and up MPG range even in a truck that weighs 8000 pounds. Those along with awesome power output capabilities, easy tuning, great reliability, no more glow plugs to worry about and if nothing else than I was a Cummins truck mechanic for 17 years. Someone else said it here and I titled this thread with "Ultimate Truck" because it really is MY ultimate truck. As soon as I can I'll post more pics. The interior is now completely stripped and ready to clean and rebuild. After it is clean I will start the front and rear diff rebuilds and suspension replacement and undercoating. I have a 2002 Cummins with 130,000 miles on it I will rebuild. I want to put in a good sound system and a complete NAV system as well. These among many other changes and additions.
I have my daily driver that I have had for 13 years and has 255,000 miles on it with virtually no power train problems. THAT one is a 2000 F250 with a 7.3 powerstroke in it that has been an awesome truck. When I tow my trailer with it the whole package weighs in a 20,000 pounds and it handles like a champ. The only mods to it are a 4 inch exhaust and a predator tuner.

klr2mato

Observer
Well as to cost in the neighborhood of $4,000 to build the 7.3 and $5500 to build and convert to the Cummins! It's worth the combination of pluses to me. I have no idea what HP mine puts out but it WILL sit you back in the seat when you step on it. A lot depends on where you put your right foot. The absolute best mileage mine has ever gotten is 16. At $2.65 a gallon current price fuel is definately a big consideration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke