Overland F-150, Tacoma or?

east_tn_81

Adventurer
I have never had any issues with ford customer service. They have always gone out of the way to help even answering tons of questions over the phone.

duckhunter71

Adventurer
x2. Former Frontier Nismo Off Road 4x4 owner here. I love Tacomas, but the Frontier is a lot more solid of a truck. I prefer the Nissan 4.0 V6 to the Toyota 4.0 V6 and also the seating position. My Frontier was built like a tank - I towed regularly without issue. If you decide to go small, check out the Nissans. They'll save you a bundle!

Clutch

<---Pass
This is turning into a very interesting topic! Thank you... We certainly like the looks and size of the Tacoma. But we also understand the advantages of the Ford trucks, but don't like the looks and the fact that they are bulkier. Although I don't have any figures on the weight of the camper I'm building, I'm wondering if I couldn't get away with an suspension upgrade on the Toyota? Saying that, I'm confident that our camper will be WAY lighter than anything that's available on the north american market.

I would look at specs more than what is visually appealing. Chrome won't get you home. ;)

As much as I like the Tacoma, I wouldn't put anything heavier than a Flip Pac on them. Even though a Four Wheel Camper is "light", you can get over payload capacity very quickly with one of those. Just with two people, and topping off the water tank, you're real close to payload capacity, and you haven't even loaded the fridge with beer yet. :beer:

Just because people do it, doesn't mean they should. Even with a 1/2 ton...you can get close to its' limits pretty quick.

surlydiesel

Adventurer
I've brought this up in other threads. The newer Tacoma's and Tundra's actually have similar load ratings depending on configuration. Like 4X4 extra cabs. Roughly 1300 pounds each. May as well get the Tundra so you have leg room...

-jorge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94