10th Gen Ford F-150 Torsion Bars

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
Are there any manufacturers that make custom torsion bars for the front end of the F-150 (10th gen)?

I'm looking for something in the ~2" range and will rely on turning the bars to fine tune.

Thanks.

Mad_Texan

Adventurer
Nobody makes custom torsion bars for these trucks. Your only option as far as weight goes is to get a set out of a F250LD or a F150 7700lb. But they are not designed to lift, just heavier capacity. If you are just looking to lift a little you can simply adjust the torsion bar in you your truck to get some added clearance. Or get a full suspension lift kit in the 4 to 6" range...

Attachments

• PoePaddy.JPG
    PoePaddy.JPG
    334 KB · Views: 23

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
Drats.

Is that your Expy in the picture? How is it set up? Does the hidden winch affect your t-bars/height or did you put in the 7700 bars?

Mad_Texan

Adventurer
I have a F150 Supercrew with a cap. People mistake it often for a expedition... As far a setup, I adjusted my torsion bars to raise the front about 2" and changed the shackle on the rear leafs to raise the rear 1", Bilstein shocks, added factory skids and a front diff skid from rough country. Installed some factory 17" wheels I had powder coated and the tires are 33" (255/80/17). I added the winch to the front and didn't notice any difference other than the front end felt a little tighter from tying the ends of the frame rails together. I do not have the 7700 bars in mine and apparently the supercrews came with some of the softest bars they made. I currently have the winch off as I am upgrading from an 8000lb to a 9500lb one so I'll try to measure and see if there is any difference in height.

Attachments

• IMG_1693.jpg
    IMG_1693.jpg
    543 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

swashbuckler

Hooligan
That is good info. I have a supercrew and the front is terribly soggy. I haven't cranked the torsion bars to stiffen it up because I'd really rather not lift it if I can help it. The 7700 bars bolt right in, you say?

Mad_Texan

Adventurer
They are a bolt in option. But there are two lengths of bars. The 7700's are a longer bar from what I have read at 55 1/2" long. Looking under my truck my bars are shorter around 51" long. But the frame is drilled for the two torsion bar cross member locations from the factory on my truck. Shocks also made a big difference on mine as far as the ride...

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
I think I read that if you have the 5.4/4R100 driveline you may be running the longer bars already. I may have misread it though.

Mad_Texan

Adventurer
I think I read that if you have the 5.4/4R100 driveline you may be running the longer bars already. I may have misread it though.

I have read that the bars are all over the place. Different from regular cab to supercab and supercrew. But I did see somewhere the frames were pre drilled. Would make it easier on the assembly line...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier