Latest Photo?

Expedition Leader
My guess would be a photo ticket for speeding.

Ah, OK. Never seen one of those - my Land Cruisers won't go fast enough to get a speeding ticket. :) Plus, they're aren't any cameras like that where I live.

MTSN

Explorer
Me either, that is a new one on me

I pass by at least two speeding camera vans every day on my way to work, so I'm familiar. Not too worried about getting busted in the 100, but a different story on one of the motorcycles :D

And to keep with the theme of the thread:

IMG_1090.JPG

NCFJ

Adventurer
Nahh, I just live in farm country in SC. I am sure that I pass them at some point around Charlotte and Greenville.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
In my area they used to use Astro vans with cameras inside them, but had to have a cop operating things, and a giant tripod mounted flash out front. Totally a waste of taxpayer money because they were so obvious, you would just hammer on the brakes as soon as you saw a minivan parked on the side of the road. They eventually did away with the whole program because it became such a joke.

Expedition Leader
Ahhhhh...innocence....

Nahh, I just live in farm country in SC.

There's only about 50,000 people in the whole county that I live in. The nearest stop light is 8 miles in one direction, and farther than that in the other directions. I'm 30 miles from a "big" city. Don't think I could ever live in town or in a suburb ever again. My Land Cruisers are perfect for the roads and speed limits out here.

Rumpig

Adventurer
In my area they used to use Astro vans with cameras inside them, but had to have a cop operating things, and a giant tripod mounted flash out front. Totally a waste of taxpayer money because they were so obvious, you would just hammer on the brakes as soon as you saw a minivan parked on the side of the road. They eventually did away with the whole program because it became such a joke.
here where i live in Australia we have cameras in vehicles like you had with the van, but the vehicle it's in could be anything...when they started out they were all the same style of van or 105 series Landcruiser 4wd which made them easy to see in the distance, but these days the vehicles they are in could be anything at all. These days we also have the fixed pole speed cameras, point to point cameras, cameras mounted on over passes of highways, and also have speed cameras that work in conjunction with red light cameras at intersections (so don't speed up to beat the red light...lol).
When the speed cameras were in 105 series Landcruisers, i used to park my 105 series out the front of my house or jobsite to make people slow down, and it worked a treat...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier