200 Series cargo/pet barrier?

nlscooby

Observer
We just picked up a 2008 LC and I'm looking for a cargo barrier to keep the stuff in the back....in the back!

I have searched the world (wide web) and haven't found anything similar to what my sister has in her Subaru outback - which is a factory option/accessory - made to fit her model and it is super sturdy.

Anyone found something like this?

Thanks!

digitaldelay

Explorer
There are a few manufacturers in Australia. Here is one from Milford Auto. I'm not sure what shipping would be like, but if you really want one, they are available.

Model 609100
88d8038ef2c098d8596c568c0307cf5f.jpg

Jason

nlscooby

Observer
Yep - that's what I am looking for! We need an LC enthusiast to take a trip to Australia and bring back a container of goodies that we can't seem to get here!

brussum

Adventurer
Interestingly, 200 Series customers down under can get a barrier as well as many other parts through Toyota:

http://www.toyota.com.au/landcruiser-200/accessories

I looked at buying one of those when I was in Australia on business a few years ago. The dealership wanted about AS$650 for it (IIRC) and you had to either remove or couldn't fold down the jump seats with the barrier installed. It was sturdy as heck, but $650 was a little steep for me.

Corbet

Observer
Google Speski, see if he has tool'd up for the 200

I don't get on this forum often so I'm REALLY late to this thread. But no, I have not done anything for the 200. Side curtain airbags all the way back to the D pillar makes designing one difficult commercially. If you look at the Milford you'll see it leaves a gap for the airbags to deploy. Somewhat defeats the purpose for pet duties. But better than nothing. Slee should be able to source the ARB for anyone looking. Hope this helps anyone who stumbles upon this thread moving forward. You can PM me here with questions but I'm on MUD much more often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz