Spare Tire Mount - Bed Mounted - 31" - 51" tire - Efficient Design Uses Less Bed

bill4d

Spare Tire Mount - Bed Mounted - 31" - 51" tire - Efficient Design Uses Less Bed

This is a spare tire mount that I designed and fabricated specifically to mount an oversized tire, while still having as much bed space available as possible. The two mounting points of the rack were designed to bolt to areas of the bed with a flat area and provide enough strength to hold a 300 lb. tire and rim combination.

The slots you see in the face of the mount provide more than enough adjustability to hold anything from 31" tire to a 46" tire. The tire you see in the pictures is a 41" Continental. I did have a 46" Michelin tire mounted after I replaced the Continental tires.
The wheel spacer and mounting lug nuts in the pictures are included. Mounting bolts to mount the bed itself are not included.
The wheel spacer is an 8x170 bolt pattern, but any wheel spacer needed could be mounted to the face of the tire mount.
This tire mount was designed for and used in a 2002 Ford F-350. So it should fit almost every model of Ford 3/4 and 1 ton truck beds. It also will most likely fit many models of pick-up truck beds due their standard design. I can provide specific measurements for anyone interested to ensure a proper fit.
Item Location: Raleigh, NC
$400 or make offer.
Buyer pays shipping.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

Last edited:

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
nice design- well done! Was it fitted on a short or long bed? I assume you can access the front mount backside for a backing plate of some sort?
May be interested...

bill4d

Thanks!

This mount was fitted on a short bed, 6'6".

Yes, you can easily access the backside of each mounting point. The front mounting point is easily accessed through the cavity between the outer sheet metal and the inside of the bed you see in the pics. The rear mounting point is easily accessed directly above the tire, in the wheel well.

I will say, using a backing plate is probably unnecessary. I did not use them, and the mount is extremely stable. Unless you plan to jump the vehicle regularly, in which case, using backing plates may not prevent the tire from ripping the bed apart anyway, adding backing plates will probably not provide a significant increase in strength over the existing 8 bolts and mounting plates of the rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior