2001 Discovery 2 questions - Do I have ACE? and when was the switch to 4.6L?

Mr. Pickles

Observer
Is the active cornering enhancement standard or was it an upgrade? How can I tell if I have it?

I'm also wondering if my Disco is from the first or second half of '01. Mine has the 4.0l engine. How can I tell? The reason I ask is in regards to engine reliability and a potential upgrade to CDL.

adelatoa

Adventurer
If you look in your engine bay by the steering reservoir those that have ACE system their reservoir has two filling caps on it.

As for the cdl if my memory serves me correctly all June or before built have the capable locking diff. I maybe wrong and someone will correct me. Now some DIIs were recalled to where their TC was swapped. Go under the truck and feel for a nipple in a ge transfer case area. Put your arm through the passengers side of the TC.

BirchHill

goat farmer
Front right on out put housing is the short threaded stud which engages cdl. This one came out of a 2000 model and I installed it in my 03. The 4.6 engine came out in the 2003 model.

adelatoa

Adventurer
Mr Pickles note where the three bolts are and there is a threaded stud. That's what you will be feeling for from under your truck.

Exploder
There should be a sticker showing the month and year of manufacture on the driver's door, just under the locking mechanism.

Mr. Pickles

Observer
Door sticker says 08/00 on the top. I'm assuming that's August of 2000. My title says the truck is an 01. Could that be in error?

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
Door sticker says 08/00 on the top. I'm assuming that's August of 2000. My title says the truck is an 01. Could that be in error?

No, an 01 would have been built in 2000 to be ready for sale in 01. My 04 has an 03 build date and my 99 has a 98 build date (although some 99's would have a 99 build date since it was a 1/2 model year with the D1)
Hope that didn't confuse things.

99Discovery

Adventurer
You will have two filler caps on the power steering reservoir. I've also heard it makes a distinct sound when it actuates, I can't verify that as I don't have the system.

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
Look inside your engine bay. If the reservoir on in the bottom right of this picture has two caps...you have ACE. If only one cap...you don't.
144989.3-lg.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles