Magellan Crossover US Topo?

computeruser

Explorer
Has anyone heard anything about if/when some <90m topo will become available? The preloaded 90m doesn't really have much to show around here, and I'd prefer not to have to buy another GPS that allows for greater detail...but I want more detail! Supposedly the Canada Topo is decent, and is at 30m. But no US stuff yet...that I can find.

bovw

Explorer
I e-mailed Magellan over the weekend asking that question. I have yet to hear from them. I'll post up if I ever do.

BriansFJ

Adventurer
I'm waiting too. My co-driver wants more info :imagesCADZQMBJ:. A quote from the "Magellan Crossover 3.5"" thread here on Expo:

"I found out via many google searches that even though Magellan says their older TOPO software does not work with this unit, its actually will....sort of.

You have to use a card reader and export the data from Magellan Topo3DUSA to the SD card via the option to export for the Meridian line and the Crossover should read this data from the SD card and you'll have 30 meter TOPO maps. I have not yet tested this but its on my to do list."

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
It amazes me that Magellan has Topo for the Crossover for Mexico and Canada... and not for the good ol' USA...

And, it has been quite a long while since those products were released so WTH is taking them so long???

bovw

Explorer
Well, my reply was that 90 meter is not available, but 30 meter is, and linked me to topo Canada.

computeruser

Explorer
OK, that's what I figured. I'm still waiting on my reply email from them. Maybe I'll try calling them, or be really exploitive and make one of my law student volunteers do it for me.

Either that or I'll buy the Topo3D and try the card/export thing...

bovw

Explorer
computeruser said:
OK, that's what I figured. I'm still waiting on my reply email from them. Maybe I'll try calling them, or be really exploitive and make one of my law student volunteers do it for me.

Either that or I'll buy the Topo3D and try the card/export thing...
I just got off the phone with Magellan, no 30 meter Topo US is available. If you try the card/export thing, let us know how it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles