Overland Expo West 2015

STREGA

Explorer
I will be overlanding all the way from the Grand Canyon should take about 2 hours if I avoid dirt roads.

Wilyone

Observer
Coming from the Western Slope, down through Moab. Most likely leaving on early Thursday and returning on Monday.

Sleam

Explorer
Is anyone else planning on making the trip from this section of the US? It would be nice to get a list of participants and trucks in case anyone needs a hand on the way there or back.

My travel dates are not set in stone yet, but will be attending from the Denver area in my 1971 Land Rover Dormobile.

Hey there! I'm coming from Madrid, NM in my 72 Series with my dog Harold. Slow and steady is my plan. I'd thought to take the lower route on Hwy 60 across, through Show Low and Payson then north. I took it in the 59 Landy one year and the traffic is light and the area beautiful. I camped one night and motel once. Want to join up?

TravelinLight

Observer
Hey there! I'm coming from Madrid, NM in my 72 Series with my dog Harold. Slow and steady is my plan. I'd thought to take the lower route on Hwy 60 across, through Show Low and Payson then north. I took it in the 59 Landy one year and the traffic is light and the area beautiful. I camped one night and motel once. Want to join up?

Sarah,

I will probably be doing the same to avoid main roads. I was talking to another Denver Series owner who may be down that way on an extended trip who will be meeting up with me at the Expo.

Current plan is to leave Thursday afternoon from the Denver area and drive as far as possible and then arrive on Friday. I would like to attend some of the classes and shows. Then leave sometime on Sunday to make it back to Denver area on Monday morning ish.

As my plans firm up I will post them up as well as route selection.

I am trying to swing a Roverdrive prior to the trip to make it a little easier on the engine, the hills, and the DRIVER.

bearman512

Adventurer
We will be leaving early Monday the 11th and camp at Cave Spring until Friday when we will arrive at the Expo to camp and play until Sunday.
We are leaving from Clovis NM around 4am and plan to be in ABQ around 7-730am if anyone is heading out early.

Sleam

Explorer
We will be leaving early Monday the 11th and camp at Cave Spring until Friday when we will arrive at the Expo to camp and play until Sunday.
We are leaving from Clovis NM around 4am and plan to be in ABQ around 7-730am if anyone is heading out early.

I wish I could but I'm leaving home on the Weds instead! Are you driving through Alb onto I40? You could go the southern route on Hwy 60 which is beautiful...See you there!

Amphibeast

Adventurer
I may try to follow the Pinz guys up from Phx…… if one breaks down I'll help em' fix it & then try to buy it! I love those rigs!!!!!! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94