Overland Expo West 2015

crismateski

American Adventurist
One of the really cool highlights of this year's Expo was watching the snowflakes dancing through the 10-billion candlepower spotlight on top of the Rigid Industries truck. Sort of like a portable Luxor Hotel effect...

I will see if I can find it, I think it was Overland Bound that posted an awesome shot of it on their instagram feed

XJINTX

Explorer
In all seriousness... was there an event sticker? Nothing when I checked in and did not notice any anywhere. In case you are wondering... I'm a sticker whore ;) :)

lost-adventurer

Lost and loving it...
The 2015 Expo was great! It was an adventure we will talk about forever! Who really remembers the sunny, nice weather trips. Thank you to all the vendors who stuck it out. Great show!

Hopefully the Mormon Lake camping area recovers...not easy to tread lightly.

snowcamp1_zps9wbua0o3.jpg

camping3_zpshsavyoo3.jpg

retreat_zpsfqearuis.jpg

snowlight_zpsnpi1edd0.jpg

It was nothing that 2 hours with a power-sprayer and a $200 detail can't fix :wings:

Last edited:

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
I enjoyed my daytrip but I feel for the vendors. I would of hoped EXPO promoters knowing the weather was going to be bad to have some options in place to help deal with the conditions for the vendors.
After talking with many attendees next year will see many more camping in the nearby forest.
I was also entertained when I heard the extreme recovery class was cancelled given the perfect class conditions.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
In all seriousness... was there an event sticker? Nothing when I checked in and did not notice any anywhere. In case you are wondering... I'm a sticker whore ;) :)

I looked for them too...something like an oval OvEx 2015 would have worked. Couldn't find anything either, closest thing I found was in the payschwag tent...the one with wifi. They had a couple different versions of stickers, I picked up a few.

BenHedrick

Adventurer
The 2015 Expo was great! It was an adventure we will talk about forever! Who really remembers the sunny, nice weather trips. Thank you to all the vendors who stuck it out. Great show!

Hopefully the Mormon Lake camping area recovers...not easy to tread lightly.

snowcamp1_zps9wbua0o3.jpg

camping3_zpshsavyoo3.jpg

retreat_zpsfqearuis.jpg

snowlight_zpsnpi1edd0.jpg

It was nothing that 2 hours with a power-sprayer and a $200 detail can't fix :wings:

Classic... Epic... Dirty... but looks like a BLAST!!! :wings:

Ben

kai38

Explorer
We came prepared, only moved to higher drier campground on Sat night
The weather and mud added to the adventure, the mud was miserable but we stayed dry and slept warm in RTT
Afterwards we headed to N.Rim and into Ut where we ran into more snow, wind and rainy nights. We made a mad dash into Moab where it was a little warmer but drier
http://1drv.ms/1ck44oD

hansrober

Adventurer
I am so bummed we missed all that! How was the vendor after party? We had a blast in 2014 but that looks like this year would have be fun and a definite gear/skill test not to mention a good story!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz