G-Wagon SWB Rack Options

artiei

Observer
I see a lot of good options for roof racks on G-Wagon LWB, but not a lot for the SWB. I'm going to be transporting skis so I'm looking for bars rather than a cage. I can always put a cage on the bars if necessary. Any ideas would be appreaciated?

Scott Brady

Founder
Go Front Runner. They can supply any length rack for your truck.
IMG_0985.JPG

zimm

Expedition Leader
never rule out local fabricators. theres about 100 bucks in material in an AL rack, if that.

PLUS, you can spec features you want.

why people get hung up on name brand products, when a 5th grader can make a shop drawing for something like this, i'll never know. theres a guy north of me that can turn out a slee style shortbus for 450 bucks.

if youre in no mans land, i guess youre stuck, but not many people are.

All-Terrain

No Road Required
Artiei,

Let us know if you have any questions about our products. I'm happy to help any way I can!

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Does Frontrunner have a SWB rack already, and if so, what do they cost?

Also, do you have a more aerodynamic option, like the BajaRack?

artiei

Observer
Thanks everyone I got the rack last week and love it. All I really needed was two cross bars rather than the entire rack. I can always add to more if necessary and it is still lexx expensive than the entire rack. Here is what I ended up with from Front Runner:

KRGW002 1475MM Load Bars
STRATCHITS
GALVANISED TIE DOWN RINGS
T-SLOT RUBBER BEADING

The rack was easy to put on, looks great and does exactly what I need. I only wish they had an adaptor for skis.

Bryan_FRO

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks everyone I got the rack last week and love it. All I really needed was two cross bars rather than the entire rack. I can always add to more if necessary and it is still lexx expensive than the entire rack. Here is what I ended up with from Front Runner:

KRGW002 1475MM Load Bars
STRATCHITS
GALVANISED TIE DOWN RINGS
T-SLOT RUBBER BEADING

The rack was easy to put on, looks great and does exactly what I need. I only wish they had an adaptor for skis.

This should work for your skis perfectly...

http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/ski-snow-board-fishing-rod-holder-pair.html#.VRG03BDF-Xw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles