Goodyear Duratrac

starsky

Best all round off-road tires I have owned.
Great in snow,mud,dirt, not MT/R's in the rocks, but smooth on the street....
had 32,000miles on them when a sidewall rip happened

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
That's good to hear, I got the discount tire coverage on the tires just encase I damage a side wall. Just curious how did you do your sidewall in? Rock?

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
Unless you lift it, 285/75 are about as big as you can go w/o rubbing on a 100. 255/85 fare a bit better since they are narrower. I know from experience. Duratracs are great AT tires but suck in mud (they pack up fast and don't shed) and don't do well in snow deeper than 3" I'm on my 3rd set. IMO, very over rated for winter use. In single digits they get hard loose their edge in snow and ice. Better than BFG KOs in snow, hell yes, but I gave up on'm and went with FS winter force Dec thru March. If you are not offroading much you may want to look at Cooper's new ATW tire, they are biased for snow.

I'm moving towards KM2s or TSLs for summer and Winterforce or Hakkapeliittas in winter on all my trucks.

bossman429

Adventurer
20k miles, bout 65% tread left, awesome in snow. Good in mud, dirt, good enough in sand, good on road....really no complaints. Very likely I will buy again

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I had them...decided to go to a Cooper ST Maxx because of the 3 ply sidewall. A little more confident when airing down with the ST Maxx.

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
I had them...decided to go to a Cooper ST Maxx because of the 3 ply sidewall. A little more confident when airing down with the ST Maxx.

I've seen a lot of guys suffer sidewall tears with aired-down DTs, both C and E rated. Its a very good AT tire but shy of the durability and performance of a true MT, they are not in the same league as BFG KM2s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online