Value this 60 Series for me

Mitch502

Explorer
http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/4882867355.html

So, this was offered as a trade for my vehicle (my vehicle is worth about $2500), and I am considering it. I don't know anything about them though.

I talked to him, and he said there is some minor rust, nothing more than a spot that is patchable w/o a whole panel on the driver's side floor board, and a couple small spots in the back. Over all, it sounds like rust is not an issue. The interior is taken out, and the tail lights need to be rewired due to the wires "catching on fire"

What would the value of this be assuming that I fixed the tail lights, the rust on floor pan, and put the interior back in it? Is the tail light wiring a sign of larger problems to come? He said it will run and driver great as it is. Thanks in advance.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
That thing's rough. If you planned on parting it out, you'd likely get your money back, but it's gonna take at least a few grand to bring it up to spec.

Don't know what your budget is or what you're trading, but there are usually other options for cruisers in better shape than that for not much more money. I tend to shy away from rigs whose electrical systems have been hacked to bits....

-H-

Mitch502

Explorer
Thanks for the input guys! I was wanting to sell my truck, but didn't know if this was something I'd be able to flip for a decent profit (over $2500) without having to do much work.

Sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth. I will say body wise it's in better condition than probably 80% of the other '85 era trucks like this. You guys with your western climates and no rust. Everything rusts here :(

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Unless you've always wanted a 60 series and love a challenge, I agree. Run don't walk! It's definitely not something to "flip for profit".

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
That guy is certainly on crack if he thinks it is worth $4500. That's a $1000 project in my mind - at best. That being said, the body overall is fairly straight - but who knows what is under that crappy paint job. It is also missing lots of little (and not so little) pieces that will be pricey and/or time consuming to replace. And that's all assuming it runs ok.

I certainly think it could be saved, but it won't be an easy flip unless you got it for free and then sold it as it sits for $1000.

theside00

Adventurer
My idea of rust is probably different then most but if it is actually rusting through in multiple places than that is a serious rust issue. Those are just the visible places, I would bet underneath is full of rust and falling apart. It looks like a lot of pieces are missing, hard to value it at $2500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne