2007 Sequoia...aka The BigTree

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Wife just noticed the broken cracked plastic bumper on the Sequoia this weekend. She was oddly ticked about it didn't think she cared. She wants to get a new bumper ;-) I told her a cheap plastic one painted to match is going to be like $1000! And still will probably get broken if someone backs into it like this one had happen. I suggested a metal one she was OK with that but wants it painted to match.. I warned her that adds cost and is not easily cleaned up ie patched if scratched up. She then asked well then the back bumper needs to be the same. LOL! So do I read this as were getting a nice metal front and rear bumper? HA HA

Still need to get the rental rented slow going process lots of candidates but dealing with $$$$$ rent every month its slow getting someone to commit to a contract.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Whats your guess on weight for this set up? I wouldn't want the big bars and grill guard stuff just the clean bumper like your setup. 80lbs?

Another thought. Think they could sort out a inset hook point so the front edge is smooth aka no catching a thigh on a tow ring walking across the front of the truck? I like it!!! though damn I need to rent my rental..

BigTree4X4

Roaming Nowhere
If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably close to 100lbs. The fright label had 200lb on it but I lifted it up and on by myself and it wasn't that much.
I was worried about hitting my leg on those too but I have yet. I don't know about insetting them cause I believe they are welded in front of a big plate structure for the winch. That'd be something you would really have to ask Brute Force Fab.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
BMW just wiped out our stock rear bumper, backed into it at my daughters school. Guessing body shop will be in the $1000 range to replace the plastic cap and paint match. Front bumper was hit by some one a while back and split also. Any thoughts about a light weight built bumper for the rear? Wife wasn't into the built front bumper idea given it wouldn't match the rear regarding color. Lol Now it seems we might be able to go with both front and rear, built bumpers but I dont want to get crazy heavy stuff. Thoughts?

BigTree4X4

Roaming Nowhere
When I got the front bumper from Brute Force Fab he said he was designing a rear bumper. The last time I spoke to him he had to scrap his design cause he wasn't happy with it. So I'm still waiting.
If you find one let me know.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I talked with Billy last week. My repair estimate came in "This" time were just going to fix the stock bumpers as it was cheaper than expected. Having said that! Pretty sure the next time it will be an easier sell to the wife.

By the way Billy has a front bumper in stock needs to be finished up he said it was cut for winch etc already but he did have all the parts to finish up a front bumper if anyone else needed one. He said the rear bumper project was pretty challenging and he has thought more about the design and had some ideas he wanted to sort out when when things got caught up on other projects. I think he might have more than a few takers on a rear bumper when he gets his design ideas sorted. He was really nice and took the time to answer my questions. This time around its stock flimsy plastic for me but I can see us eventually ending up with some of Billy's handy work bolted on our Sequoia. Heck our Gen1 only has 80K on it and we only put about 8000 miles on it a year we'll have it a long time.

BigTree4X4

Roaming Nowhere
image.jpgimage.jpg

We spent Memorial Day weekend in the Lincoln National Forest near Cloudcroft, NM and on the way home we had to stop by Whitesands National Moment so little man could play in the sand.

HeelToe

Nice looking set up sir. Your last pic reminds me of my little brother, im actually headed home to see fam right now so its getting me all excited. Going to take him out to revenue flats for a night, while im home. Anyways I was looking into sequoias. Any information to divulge on your thoughts on suspension, your opener said OME/Icon. What are your plans if I may ask?

BigTree4X4

Roaming Nowhere
I've actually gone away from looking at a OME set up and I don't know why. Most of the time when I start researching I go between the Icon and Fox. I've been all over forums reading people's opinions, the pros and cons for both, and like everything else in the world everyone has a different opinion. I'm sure both would out perform my expectations so it's just going to come down to flipping a coin I think. There's also a local company ADS Racing Shocks that could build me exactly what I want (adjustable 0-3" lift, 700lb+ eibach spring, reservoirs) that I've been considering. But with a smaller company the concern of them shutting down shop has me worried in a year or two if theres any issues. And then there is the local factor that if I had any issue that I could talk to them face to face which alone might be worth it. I'm hoping to get the new set up in the next couple months. We just closed on our new house so the next couple months will be full of honeydews and moving.

HeelToe

Congrats on the house! Very cool.

Ill keep an eye on the thread to see what you do with your suspension, just committed to an 02', guess im joining the club.

Is there a club?

BigTree4X4

Roaming Nowhere
Thanks. I thought when I started looking that the Kings are stock ride height or just level the nose? Can you adjust yours the typical 0"-3" others tend to do? Because I really want run a set of 34X10.5R17 BFG KO2's. I don't think I can do that with just leveling the front end.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier