My yellow Jeep LJ build up

rich1833

Observer
I have really the jeep so far this year. We were able to go on the Shawnee trip. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/139461-Shawnee-National-Forest
We spent the weekend over in Indiana a couple of times this year and then just some basic camping trips. I have found I like the photography side of things. I hope to get some better photos of myself in action next year. Maybe a go pro or something. Anyway here are a few pics in no special order for both trips out to Indiana.

Last edited:

rich1833

Observer
I have been able to do a few mods over the the last few months. The quick release sway bar ends were getting worn so I pull the stock sway bar and replaced it will a Currie Anti-Sway. I really like it on and off road.

I wanted a stable ride so more lift was out of the question. So I took advantage of the Veterans Day special that Metalcloak was offering. I ordered front and rear 6 inch fender and flares. I just wrapped up the install on the front. I hope to get to the rear soon.

Stock fender VS metalclock fenders

paroxysym

Adventurer
great build so far man. please keep the moabs- probably the best rim jeep every came out with and they really do look good on LJs

rich1833

Observer
I pulled out all the carpet and cleaned the tub. I like the yellow tub over the black carpet. I thinking it really brightens up the inside. I will probably do a yellow bed liner of some sort.

jeffe

Observer
Looks beautiful! I've always had a soft spot for LJs. I really wish the JK came in a longer 2 door form. How do you like the Goodyear MTR's? Are they loud on the road? You don't see them too often and I love how aggressive they look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paroxysym

Adventurer
Looks beautiful! I've always had a soft spot for LJs. I really wish the JK came in a longer 2 door form. How do you like the Goodyear MTR's? Are they loud on the road? You don't see them too often and I love how aggressive they look

agreed, I have a huge soft spot for LJs.. ill buy one before I buy a JK

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Looks beautiful! I've always had a soft spot for LJs. I really wish the JK came in a longer 2 door form...

agreed, I have a huge soft spot for LJs.. ill buy one before I buy a JK

Ask and the aftermarket shall deliver, though I highly doubt anyone here will pony up the $15k conversion price on top of the cost of a JK. Even as a Toyota owner this sure makes me wish Jeep did this themselves. At least it's a good color, right rich1883?

image_zpsnp6gmcj6.jpg

FullSizeRender-97.jpg

http://trailconcepts.com/adventure-dual-sport-106/
http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-rare-and-coveted-jeep-wrangler-lj-is-back-1740163024
http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/1511-top-5-jeep-jks-of-2015-sema/

rich1833

Observer
Looks beautiful! I've always had a soft spot for LJs. How do you like the Goodyear MTR's? Are they loud on the road? You don't see them too often and I love how aggressive they look

This is my 2nd Jeep to run these tires. I love them for not only the looks but the durability. I have about 40,000 miles on/off road on my other set that I sold with my other jeep and still have a lot more to go. The 2 best preforming Daily Driver tires with great off road ability for my area are the Goodyear MTR kevlar and BFGoodrich KM2. As far as sound goes, it is a mud tire so it does make some noise but not near as much as others.

rich1833

Observer
Yesterday I was able to finish up the Metalcloak fenders. It was not that bad but I had to cut more then the website said. It looks good in my opinion.

Stock Rubicon flare.

About 4.5'' over the tire.

About 3'' behind the tire.

About 2.5" in front of the tire.

We removed the flares and taped up the area. Here a look at the mounting plate. You can see what was cut off in this pic.

Metalcloak 6'' flare bolted up.

All said and done with tire back on.

About 7.5" over the tire. (3" gain)

About 4.5" behind the tire. (1.5" gain)

About 4.5" in front of the tire. (2" gain)

rich1833

Observer
With the 6" flares there seems to be OK tire coverage for my setup.

I have a ditch in near my house that allows me to drop the front drivers and rear passenger tires at the same time to check my flex. Just a recap I have 33" tires with a 2" lift.

I don't have as much flex as some but these flares seems to work out perfect with my lift and bumpstops.

The rear is tucking nicely.

The front clears nothing hitting. Wheel turned all the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94