Charlotte, NC CL find

CJustin7

Adventurer
That's a sweet find. I really have no use as I have no truck, but that seems like a fair price for something like that.
Are you picking it up ?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
agreed, very nice - it's like a middle ground between a truck cap and a truck camper.

Xrunner

Explorer
Sweet! For future reference...

ScreenShot2015-02-18at53449PM_zps6a59b6b2.png

00e0e_5BZo3LIQGqH_600x450_zpsb1bafee9.jpg

00m0m_aCYyYgxFMDe_600x450_zps9fb5d193.jpg

GlennA

Adventurer
I'm not picking it up. Its too much camper for my old 2003 Frontier 4 banger, and to little for my 2014 Ram Crewcab longbed 4wd diesel. Hope someone here picks it up and provides details of adventures in the future.

nlscooby

Observer
I'm just excited to see something in my area for sale. It seems all the cool stuff I see is always somewhere on the Left coast!

yonah

Calling-in from west of the Rockies
Thanks! I appreciate the fast reply. Going off of the dimensions in that thread, it looks like this unit would have a 10" overhang off of the back of my tailgate (2012 DCSB Tacoma). I really wish I had a long bed right now. With that being said, what do you guys think? It would look a bit awkward (which I don't really care about). i just want to make sure it will be safe. The PO of my truck installed a full Ironman4x4 suspension with the rear Load Plus springs, so the weight shouldn't be an issue.

yonah

Calling-in from west of the Rockies
If you get that, I expect to see pics!!!

Will do. I'm leaning toward no at this point. There are too many cons for me:

1) It's about a 3.5-4 hour drive from me. My inlaws don't live too far from there, but it would be a haul.

2) It's hard to judge market value - this one is $1k more than the last one that surfaced for sale. Also, the seller said the A/C unit needs work = which equals more $$$. I don't need any more projects at the moment.

3) I currently run a Leer 180 shell / Ironman RTT and like that setup. I would also have to remove my Baja Rack to fit the camper - this would be a pain and I like having the additional storage space.

If I have a change of heart, I'll let you know. Someone should definitely snag this though. I can't agree more that finding something like this on the eastern seaboard is rare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles