Lifting an F550

Augdog1964

Hey all,

Anybody had any luck lifting an F550? I have one (2000 w/ 7.3 PS and just 17k) with an ambulance/rescue box bought, but I want to lift it 6 to 8 inches. NOBODY has a kit for this...

Thanks in advance.

Augdog1964

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
This is the kind of lift most Super Duty owners I know use most often :elkgrin:

BendPak-Super-Duty-Lift-2-Post-12-000-Lb-Capacity-XPR-12C-.jpg

xbox73

Adventurer
This is the kind of lift most Super Duty owners I know use most often :elkgrin:

BendPak-Super-Duty-Lift-2-Post-12-000-Lb-Capacity-XPR-12C-.jpg

Ooh, harsh!! :D Though, on the other hand, the 7.3 is generally reliable, especially the earlier models like the 2000 which likely has forged rods, instead of the later models that have PMRs. I wouldn't have thought the F550 would be much different suspension-wise from a F350 CCLB DRW, so I'm surprised there is nothing out there. Maybe what's out there just isn't rated for the load carrying capacity of a chassis van F550.

chaos616

Adventurer
Thats pretty funny actually, i don't know much about fords but they could use different axles spring dimensions etc... If you get lucky a 350 kit will work, if not welcome to doing a custom lift!!!

Adam A.

Your best bet might be contacting Deaver Suspension or Atlas Suspension. They should be able to make you a set of springs. As far as the other components, I'm at a loss. Maybe PMF Suspension?

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Whatever you choose make sure its super heavy duty. Might want to call UJOR or Earthroamer to see what ideas they have. There will more than likely NOT be an off the shelf kit. Have you thought about safety concerns regarding a 6-8 inch lift on an F550 with a ambulance box on it?

leelikesbikes

Adventurer
why do you need to lift it that much? ives seen F550 wildland firefighting rigs with cut out flares and a 4" or so lift and 43" michelins. those rigs are pretty big and heavy, especially with full water tanks. maybe see what some of those guys are doing?
the first pic in this thread is a truck a guy i know built, he ran them for a couple years and one of them got wrecked and i bought some parts off of it.
http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t45575/

98dango

Expedition Leader
There easy to lift no harder than a f350. If you search it has been done hear. Not 6" and not sure why you need but I'm all for it. I would recommend doing part springs and part hanger to keep the arch down.

njtacoma

Explorer
Earthroamer uses Kelderman air ride on the f550's they use.

Might check with them. They are fitting big tires on those trucks also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior