Pan-Am ready E350 in Argentina

We're selling Rambo! I built this vehicle specifically for our Panamerican journey and since it's coming to an end we're going to attempt to sell. We're currently in southern Patagonia heading south and plan to be in Buenos Aires by early March. If anyone out there is looking for an adventure-ready vehicle to start their trip in Argentina than let me know. I'm offering a substantial discount for anyone willing to buy here in Argentina since we'll avoid shipping costs.

We'll attempt to sell here and if it doesn't work out we'll ship back to the US and sell there.

Timeline for sale: must be finalized by March 18th

Please PM for additional details or photos.

Details:
2004 Ford E350 EXT
Quigley 4x4 conversion
6.0 diesel
Currently 275,000km (172,000miles)
Fibreglass high top (ambulance conversion)
Dana 60 axles
4.10 gear ratio

$16,000USD

Upgrades for reliability
Sinister EGR delete kit
Blue fuel spring upgrade
SCT tuner
Custom econo tune from DP tuner (not a "performance" upgrade, but for reliability and fuel mileage)
Scan gauge II
Auto meter EGT gauge
New intake gasket
New fuel line check valves
New turbo outlet hose
KYB HD shocks

POWER
2 x 100 W Renogy solar panels
30 AMP charge controller
2 deep cycle house batteries
1500 W sine wave inverter

LIGHTING
30 inch LED light bar on front bull bar
Interior LED lights

NAVIGATION/COMMUNICATION
Ipad mini RAM mount on dash

EXTERIOR
Custom rear bumper with dual swing outs for spare and 3x20L diesel jerry cans. All heavy duty hardware.
Custom load bars on roof
BFG All Terrain T/A 285/70/17 with 24,000km

Bushwacker fender flares
ARB 2500 awning
Star craft awning window 15 x 30”

INTERIOR CONVERSION

ARB 12v/120v fridge/freezer
Walls and ceiling insulated with Reflectix and one inch foil back batt insulation
Vinyl flooring
Ceiling and headliner reupholstered with vinyl
Custom bed frame/storage compartment accommodates four 100L storage bins and holds a double mattress
Custom cabinet accommodates fridge/freezer, portable toilet, bar sink, fresh water tank and grey water tank and whale water foot pump
Custom made kitchen box attached to side barn door stores all kitchen essentials and used as a platform for propane stove/BBQ
6 LB aluminum propane tank
5 lb steel propane tank

The bad:
windshield is broken. I will replace if I can find one here.
paint: The lower half of the van was repainted without removing the original decals so there are some indentations in the paint as well as other small dents, scratches.
rust - the ambulance company sprayed the undercarriage of the van with rubberized undercoating before every winter to protect it, however it does suffer from some rear quarter panel rust and behind the front wheels. Nothing structural and nothing that's not repairable.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
In some ways it feels like we just left and in other ways it feels like we've been gone forever! adventureontap.org

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wgyouree

KK6LZW
Wow I wish I had the time off saved up right now... I would fly down and drive this thing up the Pan Am in a heartbeat, GLWS!!

sauth857

Do I see Canadian plates on there?? If so, does anyone know how the transfer would work to someone from the US??

janiszew

Ditto that ^^^^...and is the cracked windshield going to be a problem when crossing borders. Any pics of the crack, how bad is it?

Ditto that ^^^^...and is the cracked windshield going to be a problem when crossing borders. Any pics of the crack, how bad is it?

The windshield has been cracked since Mexico and we haven't had any problems at borders. The crack is substantial, but I will likely find a replacement here in Argentina anyway.

Do I see Canadian plates on there?? If so, does anyone know how the transfer would work to someone from the US??

The process is quite easy. We would have to get an official document drafted to say I'm giving you use of the vehicle, then we would cross the Arg border to cancel my temporary import permit and re-enter to grant you a temporary import permit. You would then show the official document at every border since the vehicle will technically still be in my name.
You would then proceed with your importation process when you return to the U.S. The vehicle would be exempt from any duty charges and you would just need a compliance letter from Ford to say it meets safety requirements. I can get this for you.

Here is a list of spare parts and accessories that are also included in the sale:
2 spare belts
2 fuel filters
1 oil filter
Coolant flush
Spare coolant reservoir cap
Spare U-joints
Spare fuses
Some maintenance tools
2 camping chairs
1 foldable table
3 safety triangles
Fire extinguisher
Fiskars axe
Off road shovel
12V twin cylinder air compressor

There is probably more but I can't think of it right now. Also, the surfboards in the photos will not be included.

All you need to start this adventure is a bag of clothes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94