Anyone using the TORQUE app in your LANDY?

Mr. Pickles

Observer
I'm considering the TORQUE app for my Android phone and the Scan Gauge for my Disco II to keep an eye on the coolant temps. Anyone using TORQUE?

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I've used it. But land rover doesn't really have a lot of sensors that the app can read. About all you can get is coolant temp, rpm, fuel mileage, and i think o2 readings.

tarditi

Explorer
I use it in my xterra, but there are app extensions you can get to access more of their OEM sensors.
Unless you want some virtual gauges like inclinometer, compass, etc. it may not be terribly useful.

I got the whole setup around $25 for the elm bluetooth scanner, OBDII extension, and torque pro app.

Mr. Pickles

Observer
That's my primary purpose. Is the ScanGauge the simplest way to do so? I figure the Torque app would be the cheapest as I'd only need to purchase the app and get a wifi Port adapter.

sturgillk

Observer
I use it all the time to keep an eye on the coolant temperature. It's been handy for clearing fault codes too.

psykokid

Explorer
Yup, been using it for years. I have a BT adapter that i just leave plugged into the OBD port on my D1.

ArmyRover

Adventurer
I've been using it for years and when I got the DII I hooked it up right away. I use it for the fault codes and of course coolant temp.

Mr. Pickles

Observer
Ordered an el-cheapo BT adapter from Amazon and downlaoded the free Torque app. The Pro version is only a few bucks, so I might upgrade. I'll report back on intallation when it arrives.

Mr. Pickles

Observer
Success!

I installed the VGATE BT Scan Tool which I purchased on amazon for under $12. I have the free TORQUE app for my Droid. Plugged it in, paired it to my phone and then opened TORQUE and synched the devices. I'm not getting much info from the Disco's computer, but I'm only concerned about coolant temps anyway. Added a gauge for coolant temp on the hud and hid all the rest.

Now I just need a ram style mount to keep the phone visible and secure and I'll be good to go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles