Recommend a charcoal BBQ for travel

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
I like my small Weber.
The legs rotate around the ends to secure the lid.

go_anywhere_weber.jpg

m3at333hp

Adventurer
I like my small Weber.
The legs rotate around the ends to secure the lid.

go_anywhere_weber.jpg
+1
I had the Smokey Joe, but returned it and picked up this model. It's called the "to-go". Packs up nicely and grills great for two people. For all my charcoal grilling sessions, I use a chimney starter. I might have to pick up a propane model because of all the California fire restrictions. Just not the same :(

chromisdesigns

Adventurer
For our last trip we picked up a small cheap tabletop grill at the hardware store for about $15. We were going to be staying a couple weeks at a campground that had no grills or firepits.

While not a Weber kettle, I have to say it worked fine for grilling steaks, burgers, fish, and kebabs. I was going to toss it at the end of the trip, but it breaks down pretty small and we decided to hang onto it for future occasions where there might not be a grill available.

Kiomon

Adventurer
We got a Son of Hibachi, and its been awesome. It packs up small, comes with a carrying bag to contain everything. including the charcoal soot, which is nice. Its small enough to use table top. Recommended. We will be giving a full review on the blog soon.

http://smile.amazon.com/Son-Hibachi...qid=1439755332&sr=8-1&keywords=son+of+hibachi

We also have a Cobb grill, but it doesn't pack down as well, and its a pain in the butt to clean quickly. Its better suited for occasional use vs. several times a week and needing to clean and pack it after each use. If you end up purchasing from amazon, support the non-profit we volunteer for Filmmaker For A Cause (free to you, amazon donates).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles