LED Copy Cats

JLee

Adventurer
I had a 28" from eBay. I paid ~$160, but the same seller had them for $120 last I checked. It did great in Baja, and I never noticed condensation inside (though I'm generally in AZ, which is mostly dry with the occasional flooding/downpour, lol).

I loved the light - it worked great and made my low/high beams utterly useless.
DSC00457-300x200.jpg

Mad Matt

Adventurer
Got the lights last night, which in its own way is kind of impressive that it only took a week and a half for it to get here from Shanghai. First Impression:
  • Packaging was sufficient and the lights made it here unscathed.
  • Lights are stout, they feel as well built as my Hella 4000's. One of the lights had a few minor scuffs. A few of the bolts holding on the front ring of one of the lights needed a little tightening. The lens covers are ridiculously hard to get off, although it looks like the ARB lens covers should fit which is cool.
  • There were no deutsch connectors included, so I will wire them with the same connector as my Hella's to make the swap easier. They did include cheap wiring harness.
  • I am very tempted to fully submerge them to test the IP68 rating while I am still in the fully refundable time window.
  • Briefly wired them up and they are freaking bright, but the real test will be to see how well they throw a beam long distance. For comparison the LED are supposed to put out 7800 lumens each, and the Hellas around 2600 lumens, the Hi beam HIR around 2400 lumen and my HIR low beams around 1900 lumens.

Lights by blindranger, on Flickr

Lights2 by blindranger, on Flickr

ADVW/Liam

Adventurer
Trail Worthy Fab!!!

Dont over look these guys, they have great customer service, and I got the light in about 2 days. 30inch bar for about $250.00. Stupid bright, and seems well made. The only drawback I have found so far is that it does cause some interferance with the FM radio, even with it wired through an sPod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles