Should I get a Subaru

Hodaka

Adventurer
Price is slightly high, but not too far off. Might be worth it, seeing as you should be able to get full history. PG being fairly far from other cities, prices on something like a Soob are expected to be a little higher.

keane

Observer
Got the complete service history for the car as well as the inspection from the localish subaru dealer. It had a check engine light come on about a month ago and he took it into the dealer for an inspection. The dealer said it needs the front O2(air fuel sensor) sensor which from what I can find is a some what common part to replace. They also noted the front wheel bearing should be replaced soon. Not to worried about those as I have all the tools for pressing wheel bearings and have a good account at the parts store. So with those couple items needing to be done we settled on $7000. Going to drive out this weekend and pick it up. I already picked up a new O2 sensor and will change it before we drive it home as it is about a 9 hr drive each way. I'm hoping it all works out.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
O2 sensor the front one needs to be OEM the rear can be be off brand no issues. Check the Y pipe infront of the front cat mine I cracked right at the Y after hitting a large chunk of ice that fell off a Semi on the freeway. I was a little sideways trying to miss the solid clear chunk of ice tumbling across my lane but still caught it dead center. It took about 4yrs before the front cat was toast from road grime getting in through the crack at which point it was about $180 for a OEM Y pipe took me 30 minutes to replace it and local ma and pa muffler joint cut out the old cat and put a new one in for $150 car was fine for the rest of the 60K I put on it after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles