Adventure Tool Company's (ATC) 4wd Provan Tiger adventures

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I was at an RV show a couple weekends ago and saw some amazing double LED lights, from Atlas. They are very bright and looked nice. Was about triple as bright as the old RV light fixture with LED light bulbs. I went to a local RV supplier to order them and found even more light fixtures that were very bright. I was surprised at how many are available, prices are dropping as well. Myself I would buy one of the fixtures with the built in bulbs as they seem to have more light spread then the plug in bulbs.

Thanks!

spnce

Paul,
The bad news is that your Tiger is old enough to suffer from the belt line curse. The previous owner of Tiger insisted on a butt joint where the two aluminum siding sheets join. There is a bumper strip, but it leaks and this can lead to wood rot. (Modern Bengals do not have this joint.) There are reasonably easy fixes, but it is worth the effort to make sure that you do not have any rotten wood inside before you address the problem.

Hey diplo, do you have any further info or links on what those fixes are? I picked up a '97 CX a couple months ago and discovered some leakage and rot while pulling the galley apart.

I imagine that replacing the bumper strip with something more durable is good enough, but if there are better options I'd love to hear them.

Looking forward to an update britklr!

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Beltline leaks

The newer Bengals have a lap joint; virtually leak proof.

If you look at pictures of my Malayan, you will see a trim graphic on the side - a black band that gets larger at the back and is labeled "Malayan 4x4." It is actually an extra piece of aluminum, bonded over the seam. The "secret" is that it is several inches wide and the back is completely covered with bonding agent. You could probably do the same with an older CX.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
The newer Bengals have a lap joint; virtually leak proof.

If you look at pictures of my Malayan, you will see a trim graphic on the side - a black band that gets larger at the back and is labeled "Malayan 4x4." It is actually an extra piece of aluminum, bonded over the seam. The "secret" is that it is several inches wide and the back is completely covered with bonding agent. You could probably do the same with an older CX.

Thanks!

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
My son is in for summer break and we're spending a couple of days working on the exterior and finishing up the interior panels. It's nice to have a son that's an A&P aircraft mechanic when working on aluminum!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Got the old rotten mid-seam wood out. Will be replacing it with a riveted in two inch strip of aluminum banding. The strip will be sealed and painted. Coming along nicely. Btw, any suggestions on a two inch lift for a 1995 Chevy? Thx.image.jpg

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
So we drilled over 250 holes in 2in. Strip of aluminum to bond, seal and rivet over the mid-seam of the Tiger. This should stop all future leaks and gives a tougher look. Once the remodel is complete the rig will receive a new coat of paint that'll blend the strip into the body. Great weekend.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

Tazman

Adventurer
Composting toilet a great way to go for many. I hate dumping black water tanks, and porta potty's get old really quick. Plus, you don't need a 15 gal **** tank and weight. I just ordered a composting toilet for my trailer. I'll be in Flagstaff at Overland Expo in May for you to see it, if that is not to late. Here is the one I'm going to use, or it real similar.

http://natureshead.net

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94