MattScott

Approved Vendor
830c407b40a39fe81e51e75de9793fb2.jpg

So, it's getting close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattScott

Approved Vendor
566660ff8e0401bfb04fb9d6c6b90659.jpg

Long story short, but the shop installed the wrong lights. However, they're pretty bright and don't seem to affect cooling. Very Aussie looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NM-Frontier

Explorer
It's interesting, I've had them on two different vehicles, and the Truck-Lites you can buy in America seem to be significantly brighter than the NARVA imported units that has been brought to Australian spec.

Loved them in America, will probably take them off here, they're that bad.

Now that is interesting! Sorry to hear they didn't work out for you. Wonder what the difference could be? Never would have guessed the AU spec would have been different.

The rest of the truck is coming out nicely!

mongoose2231

Observer
I am really digging the troopie. I might someday trade my slower 2h powered hj60 for one of these beauties with the slow but not slower 1hz power plant.

doug720

Expedition Leader
Troopy looks really good and I have always wanted one...

One question, with all the lights in front of the grill, are you concerned about airflow to the radiator? I have a diesel 60, with the AC condenser, intercooler. and then radiator stack. I would think, you would want lots of airflow when the engine is working hard and the lights look to block a clean path.

Just a question, carry on.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Troopy looks really good and I have always wanted one...

One question, with all the lights in front of the grill, are you concerned about airflow to the radiator? I have a diesel 60, with the AC condenser, intercooler. and then radiator stack. I would think, you would want lots of airflow when the engine is working hard and the lights look to block a clean path.

Just a question, carry on.

I am concerned about it. When I went to the shop to pick it up I was like...ahhhh...ooohhh...that's not going to be good. I'll be changing it up once the evaluation period is over.

That being said, I've done some of the steepest, longest low range tracks in Australia and haven't had an issue.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
_MG_8451.jpg

We took the Troopy out for a weekend adventure through the Blue Mountains. Actually ended up tackling some difficult trails with it, though since it was just Laura and I, there are unfortunately no images of the Troopy on 3 wheels through the hairy bits. (She's learning how to spot, so the focus was on that!) I was pretty impressed with the vehicle's ability to flex when driven ...very slowly.

_MG_8370.jpg

_MG_8405.jpg

_MG_8431.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke