2013 Jeep JKU Sahara- Project: Hi-Vis

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
Looks like things are coming along nicely. Really like the color! :beer:

Thanks man. Slowly but surely. I'm going to try to finish the storage boxes tonight. Then start looking into a fridge and slide.

I need to order some heavy duty drawer slides for the rear box.

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
Interior storage is finished.

Here are a few shots of the interior storage that I built from 3/4" plywood. It was about $26.00 a sheet and if I remember correctlty I have 4 or 5 sheets in total.
storage six.jpeg
storage five.jpeg
storage four.jpeg
stoage three.jpeg
storage two.jpeg
storage one.jpeg

It was a fun, time consuming project! I loved it!

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
Well after a crappy Sunday Im going to plan a trip in October. I might do a little over a week (Friday 10/2/15 to Sunday 10/11/15) I want to end up in Acadia National Park in Maine. I would be camping every night and Id like to stay off the main roads. It would be just me.

I found some old camping stuff in my parents attic this weekend and I got an old Coleman Stove and a latern. It was like hitting an antique Jackpot ! I think the last time the stove was used waslike 10-15 years ago. She fired right back up too!

bluehash

Adventurer
Nice build!
A week is a good way to scout North Maine Woods too. Make sure to take some fuel though. It was my first solo trip over 1000 miles from MA.

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
Thanks man! Yeah I will be sure to get extra cans for gas. I just need to get a good route planned out or at least a generic idea.

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
Installed AEV Snorkel... then my vacation week was ruined

I had a great week off from work. I cleaned up the garage a little bit, Installed an AEV Snorkel for the Jeep, then my dad and I had a two day motorcycle ride planned for Thursday and Friday. That came to a screeching halt in Asheville, NC when a kid pulled out in front of us. My dad barely missed him but I was the one that drew the short straw. I had no where to go but over the handlebars. The bike is pretty much totaled... If I had to take a guess. no broken bones, just alot of soreness. I believe my shoulder broke the windshield of the car, my left thigh and left jewel made full contact on my handlebars when I flew forward. I am just lucky enough to be walking from that wreck.

Im sure this dead horse has been beaten alot but WATCH OUT FOR BIKERS! Please!
nodoors.JPG
snorkelinstall.jpg
snorkel.jpg
image5.jpg
image3.jpg

Broncbuster

I had a great week off from work. I cleaned up the garage a little bit, Installed an AEV Snorkel for the Jeep, then my dad and I had a two day motorcycle ride planned for Thursday and Friday. That came to a screeching halt in Asheville, NC when a kid pulled out in front of us. My dad barely missed him but I was the one that drew the short straw. I had no where to go but over the handlebars. The bike is pretty much totaled... If I had to take a guess. no broken bones, just alot of soreness. I believe my shoulder broke the windshield of the car, my left thigh and left jewel made full contact on my handlebars when I flew forward. I am just lucky enough to be walking from that wreck.

Im sure this dead horse has been beaten alot but WATCH OUT FOR BIKERS! Please!
View attachment 309097
View attachment 309098
View attachment 309099
View attachment 309100
View attachment 309101

Wow, glad you are only banged up. Seen too many bike wrecks in the past 2 weeks.
Hopefully nothing broken.

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
Wow, glad you are only banged up. Seen too many bike wrecks in the past 2 weeks.
Hopefully nothing broken.

Luckily nothing broke. Im sure the bike is totaled. My dad was looking at it earlier and text me saying its totaled. Ill probably be getting a new bike sometime next summer so maybe Ill have some Jeep money coming in soon!

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
I think last night was the best night I have slept since the wreck. things are looing better! Im supposed to head up to NC to go camping and some wheeling this weekend too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94