Morris Mule OR m416

I have been looking for a trailer for awhile and Ive finally decided to have one built.

Just got off the phone with the owner over at Morris Mule Trailers and I am going over there to have him build me a trailer to my :sombrero:

http://morrismule.com/index.html

EDIT:
As soon as i told a friend i was doing this he offered me his mostly finished m416 project.

its a m416A1 with alot done to it. Very nice aluminum lid that he says he stands on and it holds fine.

he offered it to me for 2500
the mule was 3500

thoughts?

pictures of the trailer

Last edited:
7fd3560780aae615e2367452b13a0696.jpg

23a4764cdb25cf9678bff5913684f184.jpg

cf31f1ef3e278948746bb319435ee1e3.jpg

0438253f0ecdc27a55d0a371b199391b.jpg

a444566f4730de1cac66cedc3f5853a4.jpg

Or

37f7aa68675a200db634ddec4ff701a4.jpg

Last edited:

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
Mule....... I picked up a cheap bantam and in the long run, it's cost me much more than a brand new turn key one would have

Xrunner

Explorer
Another vote for the Mule (or something similar such as a Ruger trailer/etc).

The M416 looks like a it would be a fun project, but for the cost and hours you would have to be looking for the experience of building it up. My first trailer was a project that started similar to how the M416 looks now. I figured I would save a bit by building it up myself... ended up selling it after a few months and buying something that was ready to use.

Looking back I would skip the build projects and buy something like the Mule, then customize it to fit exactly what I wanted after using it.

c_mack9

Adventurer
I'm pretty hot on the Mule myself. That might be what I end up buying when I'm ready. I actually like that isn't ridiculously overbuilt, I won't be rock crawling with it. It'll mostly be used on trips to a campground when my girlfriend is with me. I like that it has a rack on it, but I think I would have to change it a bit to accept a rtt.

c_mack9

Adventurer
Where is the factory? I was planning on stopping by one of their dealers in Nashville next time I was down, but I figured the factory wasn't too far from me.

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
A couple of things to keep in mind, first do you have the tools, ability and time to work on the trailer yourself or would you be outsourcing it? Is the 416 titled or would you have to jump through the hoops to get it titled? Do you want a project trailer or something turnkey that you can take off in now? Projects are fun and rewarding but as mentioned earlier they can be expensive especially if you are not doing the work yourself.
I enjoyed working on mine and making it exactly the way I wanted but that has not really stopped I’m continuously working on upgrades. Good luck.

LostBurro

Observer
What did you end up doing?

I had an M100, in better condition than the M416 you were offered, that I had purchased as an "off-road" trailer project. After looking at all of the things I wanted to do to it, and wanting to spend more time on the trail than underneath a project, I went with a Morris Trail Grade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles