scepter military fuel cans mfc's diesel or gas new

406expo

Adventurer
Ok. Looks like I'm going to try and squeeze this in around December and make the trip up for them. I need several as well as my family. So I will keep you guys updated

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
10-4 please do,

So they can't ship them but border crossings are ok with them?

I may be traveling into Canada later next year and might grab one or three for myself while I am up there.

406expo

Adventurer
greenbean,

i guess they cant export them unless its military or federal gov use. However individuals can drive them home, not against any laws im aware of. I don't think a check at a crossing station would be an issue, just empty fuel cans.

ramonortiz55

Adventurer
in case anyone is interested, theres a guy on TW that sells fuel and water scepter cans. He has them by the motherload.

He is in California, I believe.

I don't have high enough of a post count to post a link.

PM me if you are interested.

abosely

I haven't purchased from them yet and have no affiliation with them, but this place Lexington Container Company, www.lexingtoncontainercompany.com/Military-Water-Cans.html has Scepter water cans in 10L for $30 and 20L for $40 in Blue, Black, Tan & Green. Just FYI.

Lexington Container has NATO Jerry but aren't stamped Wavian. I contacted them and asked about them, their NATO Jerry Cans are made by Valpro in Latvia, the same company that makes the Wavian branded cans, made to the same specs, just not stamped Wavian. They also have the non carb nozzles that can be ordered separately.

The 20L Jerry Cans $50, 10L $40, 5L $32 and spouts $20, with free shipping on orders over $99. They have some cool containers & storage solutions that might be useful for overlanding too.

I guess the NATO Jerry cans are available in all 50 states now that they have Carb compliant nozzles, only the nozzles are different, the cans are exactly the same. but the old style nozzles can be separately and aren't regulated, just the can and nozzle set. Some places sell the Jerry Can with the Carb nozzle to be legal.

Again, I have nothing to do with company, just passing on some info. HTH

Allen

Cheers, Allen

Last edited:

406expo

Adventurer
Good info on the jerry cans and water cans.

I ended up finding a guy on ebay that has a business called supply captain selling scepter cans. They are used for sure but function fine so i opted for this as it saved me the drive to canada. I had a few leakers and the seller ended up providing new caps, so overall cant complain to much.

If you folks are still in the market for a few scepter cans give them a look, the price made it worth my time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior