DeLorme or other similar product question

Wilbah

Adventurer
I am an avid DeLorme map book user. I have my full collection of map books for Maine going back to 1980 or so (Don't ask....just a quirk...my wife hates it about me! :smiley_drive:) as well as a ton of other states I have purchased over the years. I am looking at upgrading at some point to a laptop/netbook based system that I can also have in my vehicle (in ADDITION to the mapbook which I will never do without! I am a belt and suspenders kind of person ha!). In trying to navigate (see what I did there..:sombrero:) DeLorme's website I can't tell which of their electronic products are most similar to their map books. I can read USGS Topo maps but am just so used to the DeLorme books I think that would be an easier transition for me if they have a product that is comparable electronically.

Ultimately I know I should just ask DeLorme but I figured I would ask here as I am open to other company products if users have found them to be better than what DeLorme offers electronically.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
The best product would be a surface pro of any edition. You can use delormes PC software, National geographic etc on it. very cool setup. I think you can even use Delormes GPS USB module on it.

Wilbah

Adventurer
thanks kojack....I was actually asking about DeLorme's software product(s) - StreetAtlas, Topo North America etc. I want one that has (at least) the same features of their Gazeteers. Sorry I didn't make that clearer...

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
no, its the portable device that you need to run the delorme software using their USB gps unit. the delorme software would be their topo windows software product. I maybe mis understood. I thought you were asking what device You need to run the delorme software. sorry!

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I've been running a few different versions of delormes topo

its a nice program, easy to learn & use

& as stated before with a usb GPS puck I take it mobile with us on the notebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke