Rhino Rack / Air intake

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
I have to ask..Is that intake suppose to improve performance over the old one? Or less dusty air up there?
Air is less dusty and cooler up there, the ram also increases fuel economy by forcing air into the engine and it also keeps water away from the diesel engine on water crossing. The ram head actually, removes a good percentage of water in the rain by forcing the water out breather slots in its base. In real dusty conditions some people replace the ram with a dust bowl.

LeishaShannon

Adventurer
Dammit Steve, now Leisha wants me to paint our air ram intake pipe... I just used bare aluminium! We definitely noticed a difference in performance with the air ram, we can do the gateway bridge at ~60km/hr now instead of 50 ;-)

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Dammit Steve, now Leisha wants me to paint our air ram intake pipe... I just used bare aluminium! We definitely noticed a difference in performance with the air ram, we can do the gateway bridge at ~60km/hr now instead of 50 ;-)

Remember happy wife, happy life. Actually Bunnings had a special on black Matt paint, $2 a can. BTW is that an extra 10kph up or down? Cheers mate

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94