Shipping a car to New Zealand

Jan van Bekkum

We drove from the Netherlands to South Africa. We intend to drive around in Southern Africa until the end of the year or so and then ship our 4WD LandCruiser camper to Australia or New Zealand. If we take it to New Zealand we plan to ship it to Australia afterwards.

Are there any issues in bringing a car into New Zealand, for example like the car cleaning in Australia?

Sirocco

Explorer
We drove from the Netherlands to South Africa. We intend to drive around in Southern Africa until the end of the year or so and then ship our 4WD LandCruiser camper to Australia or New Zealand. If we take it to New Zealand we plan to ship it to Australia afterwards.

Are there any issues in bringing a car into New Zealand, for example like the car cleaning in Australia?

Yes, Quarantine as above and a valid Carnet.

How long do you plan to to be in NZ and/or Aus?

If you need a hand with anything, drop me an email.

G

Jan van Bekkum

Temporal car import New Zealand

Thanks Griff,

You have a very informative website!

I expect that we will be in New Zealand for a few months and in Australia for 6 months to a year. We are investigating the best alternative: shipping our car to new Zealand and then Australia or directly to Australia and renting a camper in New Zealand.

Regards,

Jan
www.DeEinderVoorbij.nl

Sirocco

Explorer
Thanks Griff,

You have a very informative website!

I expect that we will be in New Zealand for a few months and in Australia for 6 months to a year. We are investigating the best alternative: shipping our car to new Zealand and then Australia or directly to Australia and renting a camper in New Zealand.

Regards,

Jan
www.DeEinderVoorbij.nl

Jan,

You can re-new your carnet for an additional 12 months, just make sure you stipulate Aus and NZ. you could then ship to both if required. Allow a bit of time those as customs generally drag their heels. Start applying 3 months before your initial Carnet ends.

If you need a shipping quote just drop me a line: Griff@siroccoverland.com

Gareth

Jan van Bekkum

Thanks Gareth,

We have renewed our Carnet before. For residents of the Netherlands that is done with ADAC in Germany. They are generally quite efficient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94