Nissan Photos - post your's

2xplore

36240_1736106849987_1458086283_31769041_922010_n.jpg

doggy

Hi all, new to the site so I thought I'd put up my beloved Shorty that gets us around everywhere.
-1988 GQ Safari
-4.2 TD42 diesel
-Front air locker, rear tightened LSD
-Roof mounted storage unit with speakers and such behind front seats, shelving in the rear
-usually 33" Cooper ST's but 35's are on there sometimes
-3" spring lift
- PTO winch
-Roof rack with 40L water pipe with pipe running down the back door, 3m awning on the other side. Spot lights on either side and two on the rear

We love getting out camping and exploring in it with our bikes and swag. Too bad work gets in the road of getting out and about as often as my wife and I would like

Cruising through the bush
_1017657.jpg

with awning and camping gear out at the top of a nice little cliff and waterfall
P1016608.jpg

alexrex20

Explorer
nice pic, Alex!

I hope none of you guys broke anything too expensive this trip! :sombrero:

our buddy broke the rear locker and front drive shaft on his SAS '05 Frontier.
rick stripped the tbar splines on his pathfinder. he also clobbered my pathfinder with his trailer at the gas station.
other than that, only minor body damage on several other vehicles.

the trails look great. the access roads have just been regraded, laid down some gravel and rock. it should be a great time at the Jamboree!

broken frontier:
11NYR11.jpg

we got stuck for nearly an hour on "On Any Sunday" as the Land Rover club held their New Owners Driving School on the trail. they walked every speed bump and pothole, spotted every vehicle and posed them in between when a tire came off the ground by just an inch.

we had 6 trucks in our group and it was impossible to turn around anyway. you'd think they would hurry it up a little, but in typical land rover attitude (oops, did i just say that?!), they couldn't be bothered.

11NYR68.jpg

even the event organizer (for the Land Rover group) was a prick - unsurprisingly. i was under Rick's truck, pulling out the tbar, and as he drove by, he slowed down to talk. most people would've offered help or tools, but he slowed down just to tell us, "Cool, that's one more thing for us to pull out!"

what a prick! it's about par for the course for most of the land rover owners i've met.

sasaholic

Adventurer
i hate guys like that. Around here there arent many rovers so its usually the jeep crowds that are like those guys. no **** one day i was out wheelin with my cousin when a a group of 3 guys with SET UP jeeps rolled by. my cousin and i were getting some snacks out of the back of my truck and here one of the guys say hey cliff watch this as he puts his drivers front tire agains my cousins front tire and tries to climb on it. we both freaked out, my cousin is running for his truck for something until i realized he had his .38 on his seat and yelled at him that it wasnt worth it. the guy backed up and hauled *** down the trail. we packed up taking our time and went on our way the same way they went. about 2 miles in theres a pretty knarly optional hill climb that one jeep obviously tried to make and rolled(no cage) one of the other jeeps with "cliff" in it tried to winch it over and the cable broke and sent the broken end into the radiator destroying it. so they had one alive jeep out of the three they came with. being nice we offered help and a ride, but they started screaming at us to get off there trail so we said screw it and headed home since it was almost dark. it started raining before we got home and kinda giggled that they were out in the rain and dark with no cell service. the next morning we went back to see it they were ok to find them all in the last jeep in a ditch a few miles from the paved road. they tried to make it out and the road was to slick and they lost control. so three fairly large guys spend the night in a jeep haha. we offered help again and this time gladly accepted. now ive gone wheelin with them a few time and there cool. they realized how stupid they were and are friendly to everyone we come across now. so moral of the story try to be nice cause u might not know when u need it the most in the worst of situations. dang sorry for the long post from the yota guy. btw i dig nissans also

Blain

Adventurer
Rausch Creek this past weekend.
IMG_1087.jpg

Stopped at Roosevelt State Park in PA on the way.
IMG_1019.jpg

Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Alexrex20: Nice looking rig, I love the tall Skinny KM2's (they make any truck look 10x cooler automaticly IMO :D ). Quick question, do you have another truck that's been SAS'd??? For some reason I thought you did, but I can clearly see the IFS under your Pathy. Maybe an old truck you got rid of???

Cheers

Dave10

jpvm

Explorer
yes Gordon, that's a lava valley many times pounded by a very active volcano , in fact, there are road signs telling you the existance of volcanic risk between some distances.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Now THERE'S a Nissan I'd be happy to own right there. Great truck JPVM... ANd beautiful pictures to boot eh. Looks like a great place to do some exploring. Also looks like a great place to slash a tire eh ;) The lave beds here in Oregon can be downright NASTY on tires.

Cheers

Dave

jpvm

Explorer
Thanks a lot Dave, and 10x for that , the only time I've eraned a flat with this rig, is with lava (it perforated the running surface of my STT like paper), this time I was extremely cautionous, and returned asap to the road ... :oops:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94