Nissan Photos - post your's

Toyotero

Explorer
Howdy All,

I've always been a fan of Japanese vehicles and 4X4s and I've always stuck with Toyotas for my personal vehicles. I recently got a 4WD Nissan as a company car, the first Nissan that I've ever had and driven regularly, and I've a new found respect for them. I figured you guys would dig checking it out, so below are a few photos of it. It's a 2001 Patrol but the company's mechanic told me that it's been modified a lot. After an accident in which all of the lug nuts on the front left side broke, they replaced them at all corners with sets of larger lugs for a Land Cruiser, then got the cruiser wheels. While they were at it, the taillights were replaced with larger Cruiser lights.

So far it's an incredible vehicle. I've driven it through some very sloppy muddy trails on the plantation and it performed very well. It's also my first time to drive a diesel and I'm digging that power plant a lot. The only downside to the truck is that has a very heavy rear suspension, and it rides somewhat brick like, but I'm getting used to it.

As you might guess by the writing on the window, it's for sale due to it's age. I was happy to hear that the plan is to replace it with a 70 series Land Cruiser :costumed-smiley-007

P9099650_Nissan_Patrol.JPG

P9039556.JPG

P9099655_Patrol.JPG

P9099654_Patrol.JPG

P9099651_Patrol_diesel.JPG

P9099657_Patrol_axle.JPG

P9099658_Patrol_inside.JPG

Rear suspension... it's got more leaves than some trees!

P9099656_Patrol.JPG

Regards,

Last edited:

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
sweet Patrol but it needs a lift and some bigger rubber! A turbo and intercooler would also do it well. Looks like the 4.2L diesel though which is excellent.

Also appears to have the H260 (1ton) rear diff which I do believe is standard in a Patrol pick-up.

Toyotero

Explorer
sweet Patrol but it needs a lift and some bigger rubber! A turbo and intercooler would also do it well. Looks like the 4.2L diesel though which is excellent.

Also appears to have the H260 (1ton) rear diff which I do believe is standard in a Patrol pick-up.

I dig it. I don't know much about Patrols (I'd never seen the truck version in person before being issued this one) but it has an inline 6 cylinder and a full floater rear axle. It's a seriously solid vehicle.

Ditto on the lift, tires and turbo. And bumpers too... but I don't think I could convince the boss that he'd get a good ROI on it. :p

One cool thing about the vehicle is how they designed the steering. You can see it in the photo, it's crossover with the tie-rod behind the axle.

Regards,

Last edited:

holidaynation

Observer
The effortlessstride

Here is my 04 Xterra xe 5sp. Slowly building her up.

300-1.jpg

IMG00303-20100901-1853.jpg

And my backroads camping project:1984 fibreglass 13'foot cadet. Presently gutted and customizing in process. Axle flip and bigger sneakers are in the future.

IMG00521.jpg

RonapRhys

Adventurer
Here is my 04 Xterra xe 5sp. Slowly building her up.

And my backroads camping project:1984 fibreglass 13'foot cadet. Presently gutted and customizing in process. Axle flip and bigger sneakers are in the future.

Slowly building her up? Seems to be pretty built right now, unless you've got an SAS, and exo, and further lifting in mind.

Any worries on that camper getting top heavy with the lifting? I've thought about something like that as well, but was thinking of either a pop-up, used military trailer with an RTT, or a tear drop-style.

holidaynation

Observer
Slowly building her up? Seems to be pretty built right now, unless you've got an SAS, and exo, and further lifting in mind.

Any worries on that camper getting top heavy with the lifting? I've thought about something like that as well, but was thinking of either a pop-up, used military trailer with an RTT, or a tear drop-style.

:) There is always lots more that can be done lol, and a SAS isn't out of the question, but I would be more interested in a diesel swap. As for the trailer, I don't know yet, the stand up room is created by the pop top, so it isn't that high, and the majority of the weight is below the half way point. I may still have to widen the axle for a slightly wider footprint. I shouldn't have to go too high, just add lightweight skids. After checking out some of the units on here though.....things could change. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste