Europa G320? Good First G? Where to find a good one?

turnerc7

Hi G Community,

I have been a lurker here for a while, Love the G Wagon and what it stands for. Up to this point I have had experience in a varied number of off road vehicles from newer Jeeps to Land Cruisers to Land Rovers. I have always wanted a G of my own however. The price and, shall we say, stigma of new G wagons has always kept me at arms distance. So they are too fancy for me.

A few years ago my wife and I had a chance to buy a nice 460 series 280G, If I recall correctly. Unfortunately it was a bit too rough for us and the timing wasnt right.

Which leads to me the current day. I have some insight into the next few years, from a job and location perspective. The time may be right to start looking for a G again. Having done more research, I have arrived at one of the Europa trucks, specifically a mid 90s 320G.

What experience do you have with that specific permutation of the truck? Am I foolhardy to look at one? What should they cost? Are there any known problems they have? finally, how the hell do I find one! I have scoured the internet and found maybe a half a dozen listings but it seems they are all long gone!

Thanks in advance for your time, info and opinions.

Cheer,
Craig

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
They are pretty rare in the US. If there are any available, Russ at Gwagen USA would know where.

You'd probably have better luck finding a Europa Int'l G500. They predate the MBUSA G500's; and have less nannies built in. They have more power than the G320, and will still get about the same fuel mileage.

Also, you might do better asking on a G specific forum, like Pointedthree.com. More and better general Gwagen specific information there.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I missed a '97(?) G320, Tectite Grey over black, here in Portland OR by 2wks. It ended up about an hour SW in the wine country. It's the only one I've seen for sale, and I searched for a year for one.
All in all, was happy to get my '03 G500 and loved it. Parts availability is easy, M113/722.6 is super dependable, plenty of grunt, an easy purchase and no headaches.

Scott Brady

Founder
The 320 is the sweet spot IMHO. I love the confluence of simplicity and luxury/comfort with that model. Drive mine nearly every day...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior