Mojovan, Promaster build started

mojogoat

Observer
So far I've installed the 2800 Onan, cover has lead and sound proofing foam, custom anti vibration mount, 13500 Mach 8, Maxx Fan, some insulation and sound proofing, finishing with Aerogel and Thinsulate, Have 5 coats of insulating ceramic paint on the under carriage, electric step. exhaust reroute, tv and power inlets, swivel seats. Next are the (4) 100watt solar panels (thats why the AC and Vent are positioned so far back). Have a 900AH Lithium battery pack kit to put together.
Some pics:
http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/mcgiotes/Mojovan/story

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Can you tell me more about the swivel seat adapters?

Which swivel seat models are-you using? where did you source them?

thank you

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
There are some things I like about the ProMaster vans - but I just can't get past the way the rear solid axle hangs down so low - which you solved by putting the generator down low as well. I guess if you are going to stay on paved roads it will be ok... I though it could be worth someone to offer a replacement rear axle for the ProMaster vans that would provide some clearance instead of dropping down like the stock one.

The Sprinter van has so much more clearance under the body and front / rear axle compared to the ProMaster - and a better diesel engine (although I don't really like any of the current diesels with DPF and urea treatments and the required computer and sensors - too much to go wrong. I'll keep my 2002 sprinter until it dies...

Will be interesting to see how your build progresses.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Ugh....

54cb09464fbc2_-_promaster_axle.jpg

Last edited:

mojogoat

Observer
Swivels are from:
http://www.eurocampers.com/Dodge-Pr...-available-1st-week-of-March-2015_p_1206.html
The stuff inside: large compressor fridge, induction cook top, webastco gas heater, magnum 2812 inverter, Laveo dry toilet, bed in the back cross ways. Trying to keep it as light as possible. Still working out details of the interior plan. This is a 2500 159" tall Promaster. It drives like a car, accelerates to 60 very fast, been getting 18-19mpg on regular gas, you can park it in a standard parking spot. I was looking at sprinters but after following the sprinter forum, not enough dealer service available and the initial cost of one is about $10K more than this one. Mine listed for over $38K loaded and sold for $30K without a sale or rebate. MB doesn't discount very much. The promaster is wider inside and lower to the ground than the sprinter and transit. Its 6'5" tall and wide inside so a bed cross wise is doable. The clearance is fine for me, I won't be rock climbing. Measure the ground clearance of a sprinter at the bottom of the differential, a little more but not much.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I've really enjoyed seeing your work. Good on you for taking advantage of the Promaster; pretty cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94