National Geographic ultimate outdoor map kit????????

Oldmancrash

Adventurer
Hello all, I have been looking for a software that I can run on my android device and not have to worry about caching maps. But rather have the WHOLE USA stored on it for instant access. I figure it would take 15 - 20 GB of storage and I am fine with that. As this tablet is only for in the truck to navigate with. Basically to mess around with. Apparently there is no such beast. So today I was at REI and a friend works there and he told me about this National Geographic THE ULTIMATE OUTDOOR MAP KIT. And how I can load everything on my laptop and don't need internet to copy maps from the laptop to my android tablet. It is just a cable connection. Has anyone used this software. I am sure someone on here has. What has been your experience? Are the maps up to date? I am looking at mapping some 4x4 trails and there will be no internet service or cell service. But I plan on having my laptop along anyhow so this may work. Anyhow I diid a search on here for national geographic maps and didn't get much. So figured I would check in here and see what some folks experience has been. Thank you all very much for your time

Maurice

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Hello all, I have been looking for a software that I can run on my android device and not have to worry about caching maps. But rather have the WHOLE USA stored on it for instant access. I figure it would take 15 - 20 GB of storage and I am fine with that. As this tablet is only for in the truck to navigate with. Basically to mess around with. Apparently there is no such beast. So today I was at REI and a friend works there and he told me about this National Geographic THE ULTIMATE OUTDOOR MAP KIT. And how I can load everything on my laptop and don't need internet to copy maps from the laptop to my android tablet. It is just a cable connection. Has anyone used this software. I am sure someone on here has. What has been your experience? Are the maps up to date? I am looking at mapping some 4x4 trails and there will be no internet service or cell service. But I plan on having my laptop along anyhow so this may work. Anyhow I diid a search on here for national geographic maps and didn't get much. So figured I would check in here and see what some folks experience has been. Thank you all very much for your time

Maurice

AFAIK the best thing out there is the 6 Garmin 24K DVDs.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/map...452-c456-c602-atFILTER_FEATURE_DVD_01-p1.html

There are also the open source (i.e. free as in beer) topo maps on http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/state/all
Not routable and not quite as good, IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94