My Build - '98 Chevrolet K1500 Z71

rayra

Expedition Leader
Those are nice wiring kits, really make things easy. That's all a lot of work, will be nice when it's all back together.

Those are nice wiring kits, really make things easy. That's all a lot of work, will be nice when it's all back together.

Yeah it does. And yeah, it is a lot of work, and it will be nice haha. My parents and brother keep saying I should "get it running and sell it". But I love the truck. It was the first vehicle I purchased and owned.

superbuickguy

Explorer
I've been considering putting the Vortec EFI back on my FJ40 motor (out of a 97 'burb), I'll be interested to hear you experience installing and running with the new harness.

Alrighty, quick project update. I've been pretty busy this past weekend, so I wasn't able to do a lot, but I did get a photo of the front clip after everything aside from the condenser and trans cooler were removed. Also ground off that little lip that plagues the throttle body plates on the '96-98 trucks.

Front clip w/ no fan shroud or radiator

Throttle Body Plate

Another update :D

Did a little bit of work today. Got my engine rough-timed (can't fine-time it until I can run it). Got the skid plates, battery plates, hood latch brace, and trans cooler off. Didn't realize how grimy and filthy my front crossmember was...

Engine compartment w/ no skid plates

Driver-side battery plate gone (windshield fluid reservoir is underneath)

Passenger-side battery plate gone (this is the one where the single battery sat)

Transmission cooler & hood latch brace off

Grimy, icky front crossmember

Sorry about no updates, been very busy the past couple of weeks. I got my new trans cooler in yesterday (will post photos later). Beefy unit, supposedly drops trans temps upwards of 30 degrees (according to member of gmt400.com who did the upgrade). I've also decided that I'm going to go with a 6" suspension lift once I do the SAS.

Got my Dana 44 home today. It is out of a '78 K5 Blazer, has front discs and a steering stabilizer already installed
Best part of the whole deal was, it was all F-R-E-E. :D

chaos616

Adventurer
Nice score on the free axle, thats always a good price no matter what you get, and to get an axle!!!

Can't wait to see what you do with the SAS!

Cheers,

Yeah, I was extremely happy when he gave me the axle for free haha!

And yeah! It'll be the first thing I do once my engine and transmission are all back in and everything is working.

Bojak

Adventurer
Yeah, I prefer the older GM trucks over the new ones. Don't get me wrong, the new ones are nice, they just don't have the.... feel, I guess you could say, that the older ones do.
I agree with this^^^^. Old is just cooler. Not necessarily better ( probably though ) but definitely cooler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94