My Build - '98 Chevrolet K1500 Z71

rayra

Expedition Leader
That's a nice looking trans cooler upgrade. Looks like it will go right in with no further mods needed, connectors in the same place / spacing and everything. I may have to look into that myself. I'm looking at a Scangauge solution for my '02 Sub, basically the same drivetrain as you had. Doing some more towing next year and taking a good look at trans temps. At 121k+ and want to extend this trans as far as I can.

That's a nice looking trans cooler upgrade. Looks like it will go right in with no further mods needed, connectors in the same place / spacing and everything. I may have to look into that myself. I'm looking at a Scangauge solution for my '02 Sub, basically the same drivetrain as you had. Doing some more towing next year and taking a good look at trans temps. At 121k+ and want to extend this trans as far as I can.
Mostly. The upper mounting bracket has to be shortened, due to the increased height. And you need 2 adapter fittings if you wanna use the OEM cooler lines. That's what the gold things on the bottom are. Here's what you'll need (assuming you have a GMT400 platform with a 4L60E):
P/N 321109.1 : adapter fittings from Advance Auto. You will need 2 of them
P/N BMM-70266 : cooler assembly from Summit

Sent from my Vortec-powered Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I am looking forward to seeing the sas:Wow1: on your rig Mr Rider.. Any idea when you might get started on that?:)

Going to get the truck running and semi-driveable next month (damned Christmas taking all my money). Once I do that, and can move it out of the tiny garage its in now, the next step will be to do the SAS. So 3-6 months, depending on my financial situation. Being a semi-broke college student really slows things down

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Going to get the truck running and semi-driveable next month (damned Christmas taking all my money). Once I do that, and can move it out of the tiny garage its in now, the next step will be to do the SAS. So 3-6 months, depending on my financial situation. Being a semi-broke college student really slows things down

Slow and easy with lots of time to do it right...:wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior