Brake problem...I think.

jhill15

Explorer
"Gen 3" Since I got my new tires 2 weeks ago I have had some issues pop up. First is that when I let go of the steering wheel it pulls to the right. The second problem started last week, and now when I brake it pulls to the right hard. Yesterday the third problem popped up...literally. ..now just before I come to a complete stop the is a single pop coming from the front end.

I'm not sure when I let go of the steering wheel and it pulls to the right if its just an alignment problem or if its linked to the brakes or "vice vera" brakes pulling to the right and pop sound linked to the wheel alignment.

I need to go and pull my tires but its raining and 36 degrees out, so thats a no go.

Has anyone had any of the same issues happen after getting new tires? Could it be new tires, caused a chain reaction of caliper failing, sticking, dragging etc...

What would cause pulling to the right when braking along with the pop sound?

Thanks All!!!!

vanatee2000

Observer
my guess is that you have some severely worn components in your front end and when you brake it cant handle it and is trashing around.

jhill15

Explorer
my guess is that you have some severely worn components in your front end and when you brake it cant handle it and is trashing around.
Thats very possible. Its got 161k on it, and I doubt anything has ever been changed out unless It broke first.

Thanks vanatee2000

jhill15

Explorer
Tie rods, ball joints, control arm bushings is where I would start looking
I definitely know for sure my lower ball joints are worn.

I will check it out. Unfortunately it now sits and only being used for short drives and no interstate/highway until friday when I can get it in the shop.

Thanks Drake!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94