Sarge vs Silver Bullet: 2000 Chevy Silverado Z-71 5.3 vs 2010

silverbullet10

Hey everyone!
I've been hanging around reading and learning tons, really appreciate all the ideas and techniques you guys have inspired. Thought I'd introduce you guys to my trucks. Story is a little complicated but my first adventure truck, daily driver and work rig is "the Sarge". Perfect for our backcountry trips, hunting and fishing (great out on the lakes in the winter). Guys at work have also named it the Pain Train, the War Wagon, the Green Machine, we always get to where we have to go (I survey in northern MB). 2000 Chev Silverado, rolled over 305k kms on it, not a single problem! It's been beat up, hauled and travelled to the coast, north and Utah, all i ever did was a bit of maintenance. 3'' body lift, 285/75r16s, leer canopy and whole truck rolled in green box liner.
DSC_0268.jpg
IMG_0749.jpg

Nothing wrong with the old truck apart from miles starting to pile up and some shavings in the tranny and transfer case. My buddies' silverado went to 480k but need a tranny. Just a couple months ago I got a trade in deal I couldn't refuse, welcome Silver Bullet. Lucked out and got a matching cap on kijiji for 400. Next up, levelling kit, some 33's and a light bar. Instead of full box liner this time I'm thinking a vinyl wrap (couldn't pull the character dents out of the old one in some spots), here they are facing off!
IMG_1053.jpg
IMG_1056.jpg
IMG_1058.jpg

I had big plans for the green machine, small flatbet with a 1/4 popup, cutting out some of the rust, bumper, tube work etc. Not sure which direction to head in now, loving how smooth, powerful and good on gas the new one is, but man is traction control and all the other electronic stuff annoying. Next big trip is yukon, then california.

Keep having fun out there guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior