Roof Rack for New Dodge 2500

Jtranum

Been searching everywhere with no luck. Does any company make a roof rack for the 2013+ Dodge 2500s? I would like to put a rack like a Baja or Gobi Rack on my 2015 2500 Crew Cab. I have only found so far brackets from Yakima but they are only listed for 100lbs of weight. I plan on having either a Leer or ARE camper shell installed and would like to have matching racks on the cab and on the shell.

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

anickode

Adventurer
You could always get a one-piece cab-over rack installed with the camper shell... the ones that mount to the bed rails are very strong, but probably not the look you'really going for.

Stovey

Team Ruptured Buzzard
Great question - if you've got a 2015 RAM 2500...:wings:

I ordered mine a few weeks ago and want to do the same thing with it. My understanding from RAM is that the cab roof load capacity is rated for only 165 lbs, however, so without some fabrication, that dream will probably end for me until then. An RTT over the cab was what I had in mind, but until I solve the cabover rack problem, I'll be putting a Tepui RTT on top of a Snugtop Rebel in back.

Still, any wisdom coming from the question on this thread would be appreciated!

All the best,

Stovey

idahostat

Hello

New owner of a 1500ED crew cab, looking to support a autohome maggiolina ( did I spell that right? ) and in similar situation, Yakima, Thule or Rhino cross bars and which supports to use and which heights will support clearing sirius antenna. Whistling is also a design issue, any one with experience. I have started searching many of the forums. The 165 lbs is the dynamic loading so it will support more when parked unless vigorous discussion in the rack/basket, personal torquing is probably not approved.

USMC Dude

Just looking to get lost
Did anyone figure this out? I am trying to sort this out myself. I have a 2016 2500 Crew Cab Ram I have a Leer 122 high rise shell, and still want to mount my canoe and surfboards, while being able to put a roof top tent on the roof of the cab. According to my local dealer, they have never been told of a weight max on the roof. I spoke with Rack Attack today and they have installed on roofs in the past with Thule tracks. I just wanted to see if anyone had success mounting a rack with RTT on this truck before I drill into the roof of a truck I pay too much for. Haha.

chet6.7

Explorer
E Trailer's youtube channel has some installations.I was looking six months ago, ended up thinking Rhino Rack was probably the brand to get, but I don't remember why.I decided to look into other options as I was worried about wind noise,the low amount of weight the rack was rated for, and security of the gear when parked.
Pleas post when you decide as I have not completely given up on a roof rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke