87 Quadravan Front axle parts

Myvanisbetter

Observer
Hey guys,

I recently broke the drivers side axle ujoint on the front axle of my van. Can anyone point me to a place to find a parts list for these older rigs? Ever since pathfinder-vans went down, it seems tough to find the parts/part numbers required.

I also need Front Rotors and Pads for this 44HD.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Randy

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Pathfinder-Vans.com was the only source I knew of to find these parts (at least, easily). Unfortunately Gordon (who owned/ran) Pathfinder-Vans had a bad accident a couple years back which basically destroyed the business. I don't know the current status but the website is down so I can only assume the doors are closed. The only suggestion I have is to remove the offending components and plan for a few hours at your local auto parts distributor pawing through various years of Ford F150, 250, and 350 suspension links. You may also look at Dodge offerings from the same vintage, but I'd start with Ford. At the end of the day, the Pathfinder system really can only be made "tolerable", even with good components. I ended up completely stripping my Pathfinder suspension out of my van in favor of a custom front end locating and steering assembly. This obviously isn't something most people can do, but I will tell you that ditching the Pathfinder hardware in favor of a more traditional crossover type assembly made a gigantic difference in the drive-ability of my rig, both on and off road. Best of luck.

SG

Shocker

VanDOOM!
The PO of VanDOOM replaced all the Pathfinder steering with a more traditional system. I will see what I can find out from my pile of receipts.

Myvanisbetter

Observer
SG, I've read the boomer thread a few times through and may have to take a page out of your book and take a look at the crossover setup.

Shocker, let me know what you come up with.

The steering is decent enough for now, and my main priority is getting a body on the frame that isn't mostly made of rust :/

Myvanisbetter

Observer
also,

Shocker, I'm fairly local to you. Maybe I could take a peek at VanDOOM in person and see what the steering is all about?

Shocker

VanDOOM!
I checked all the receipts and the data is not very complete. I am going to call and see if they remember what they did.

And you can come check out VanDOOM anytime! Being disabled keeps me home most of the time so I will be around. Send me a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz