Icon F150 Kit

DocWhiskey

Observer
Hi guys,

I've had my 2005 SuperCrew 4x4 for a few years now and at 165K miles it's about time to replace the suspension. I am currently on deployment so I'll have a bunch of time to research the options available and I'l have a little coin to drop into the build when I get back.

I currently run a Hell Bent Steel 2" leveling kit on the front end over the stock strut assembly. I like the leveled look, no plans for anything higher than that (Method 105 Beadlocks and 33" tires are already in the works).

My main problem: I really want to run a system from Icon Vehicle Dynamics. I would like to run one with a remote reservoir and the adjustable dampening,but that is only offered in their kit for the 09-14 F150.

Is there a major difference in the shock mounting/UCA mounting points between the 04-08 frame and the 09-13 frame? From just a cursory look at my truck and my buddies '09 STX it looks the same. Hopefully someone out there has some experience working with both frames directly or possibly some engineering data/precise measurements. I was thinking there really cant be much difference between the two, I would just purchase the kit for the 09-13 and install it on my truck. Anyone have thoughts on this? I could only get a sales rep when I called Icon and he really din't have much information for me.

04-08 Kit- http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop...s/838-f150-4wd-suspension-system-stage-5.html

09-13 kit- http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop...s/635-f150-4wd-suspension-system-stage-5.html

Thanks for the help!

cbking

I'm not sure if it would fit but you could look at the Camburg's kit. I believe it comes with fox 2.5 and remote resi's and there uni-ball UCA's.

DocWhiskey

Observer
I like the Camburg kit and the Fox's also have a great reputation. But I focused on the Icons because of the small business vibe, reputation, and the dust cover for the uniball UCA.

toddz69

Explorer
An acquaintance of mine is the director of engineering at ICON. I fwd'd this thread to him and hopefully he'll provide a definitive answer for you.

Todd Z.

toddz69

Explorer
He replied and noted the upper mount on the 04-08 is 90 degrees to the 09-13 creating a routing issue. He said he'll take a deeper look into it today for you.

Todd Z.

CodyY

Explorer
He replied and noted the upper mount on the 04-08 is 90 degrees to the 09-13 creating a routing issue. He said he'll take a deeper look into it today for you.

Todd Z.

Tried to PM you (your inbox is full), but if you speak with him will you see how their progress is coming on the '15 Colorado?

DocWhiskey

Observer
An acquaintance of mine is the director of engineering at ICON. I fwd'd this thread to him and hopefully he'll provide a definitive answer for you.

Todd Z.

Todd Z.

Awesome thank you! You're meaning the upper shock mount? I guess my look was more cursory than I thought.

toddz69

Explorer
Awesome thank you! You're meaning the upper shock mount? I guess my look was more cursory than I thought.

I believe that's what he was referring to - I looked at the pics myself and couldn't see much of a difference but apparently there is. He replied later again in the day and confirmed that there is indeed a difference and they won't be doing a kit with remote reservoirs for the 04-08 style due to lack of interest in that platform.

Todd Z.

DocWhiskey

Observer
Oh ok thanks for the help I really appreciate it. I was thinking that's why they wouldn't, the aftermarket support is focused on the newer models rolling out now. I'll have to shoot them an email and see if they'll add on the CDC to the non-reservoir units.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz