2019 Defender

texascrane

Adventurer
Looks like a Range Rover had a baby with an FJ Cruiser.

L405_15_EXT_LOC30_VogueSE_Hybrid_ms_2_281-101711_450x259.jpg

+

2014-toyota-fj-cruiser-continues-the-tradition_1.jpg

=

BBibCtH.img

Last edited:
A) It's still a drawing, and
2) It's horrible...can you imagine tossing the dogs and hay in the back?
C) Maybe it'll hike up the values of the real ones :)

libarata

Expedition Leader
^ kids, hay, animals, yard litter, etc. A gentlemans estate vehicle needs to be able to do many things! Not just bump the rap, and haul the coke.

GetOutThere

Adventurer
Those pictures are all artist renderings by a guy who doesn't seem to have any affiliation with LR.
I'm more interested in where the article got its information about the new Defender being solid axles but unibody, and with much less tech than current LRs.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
The roll cage and interior on the soft top are from a JK. SOOOO i guess Land Rover is working parts through Fiat now??? :coffee:

Bad Photo Shop just bad photo shop...

GetOutThere

Adventurer
The roll cage and interior on the soft top are from a JK. SOOOO i guess Land Rover is working parts through Fiat now??? :coffee:

Bad Photo Shop just bad photo shop...

I noticed that too... I also enjoyed the fact that one render clearly shows IRS while the article talks about F/R solid axles. Oh automotive "journalism"... you funny.

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
I like the soft top model styling. Not bad. Not bad at all. The four door hard top not so much as the soft top but beggars (I am definitely a poor beggar) can't be choosy. Looks a lot better than any other representations I have seen of a new Defender.

Dmarchand

Adventurer
I'm more interested in where the article got its information about the new Defender being solid axles but unibody, and with much less tech than current LRs.

The program or design lead made mention of this recently from LR as well. Also that they are keenly aware of what the Def is used for outside of the bump and coke crowd.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
They should just take the current model Defender, update it just enough to meet crash/safety/emission standards and go with it for another 70 years.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
It would not be worth the investment. It would only be appreciated by a limited amount of buyers. They need to sell these things to people that want the "look".
They should just take the current model Defender, update it just enough to meet crash/safety/emission standards and go with it for another 70 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles