94 Dually Diesel 4x4 econoline.

onebadscrambler

How did this one get missed?
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4859145072.html
z.jpg

DieselFreak

Adventurer
That thing looks rediculus. Red is probably the worst color I could imagine for that beast. I wonder if 17K is accurate, hard to believe that number. If accurate, it must have sat for a long time to need a new fuel pump, injectors and tank. Engine seals also tend to dry out and/or get brittle when they sit for long periods. I would expect some leaks with that age and low mileage.

I think this has the early 94 7.3 IDI engine. No mention of a turbo either, so probably NA 185 HP 7.3 IDI. Gutless wonder.

It is very important to use diesel specific coolant in 7.3 IDIs. They are susceptible to cavitation damage, if improperly maintained or neglected you can expect high repair costs.

There is also some significant interior rust on the rear door frame in one of the pictures. Kind of makes me wonder...

Last edited:

peneumbra

Explorer
What I wonder, "Diesel Freak," is if you have even a bit of a clue as to how ignorant you sound.

Oh, and it's "ridiculous" -- just so you know...

DieselFreak

Adventurer
What I wonder, "Diesel Freak," is if you have even a bit of a clue as to how ignorant you sound.

Oh, and it's "ridiculous" -- just so you know...

Do you have any insight to add about this vehicle or the IDI 7.3? Other than being a Jerk and criticizing my one, single, spelling error, you haven't contributed anything positive to this discussion.

I had a '92 ford F350 with this engine. Bought it used, owner neglected the cooling system and used standard off-the shelf coolant. Had a cylinder wall failure at 170K miles, engine needed complete rebuild.

Lots of folks are ignorant of the IDI 7.3, it's thin cylinder walls and susceptibility to cavitation damage. Maybe you too? Sure sounds like it.

It's a purely mechanical engine, which is appealing to some folks and will last a long time if properly maintained. If not, you will have to eat the cost of a rebuild like I did.

I'm posting this reference data for anyone who may consider buying this or any other IDI 7.3 powered vehicle.

MccoLQQ.png

Source: http://www.internationalpowerstroke.com/idi.html

DieselFreak

Adventurer
You made TWO spelling errors. son.

California is spelled with a "C."

Just in case you didn't know.

It appears you do not get the joke.

California is a common colloquialism used by natives. It is a truncation of PRK or "Peoples Republic of California". The "K" is an intentional implied communist related spelling.

Funny, Huh?

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
It appears you do not get the joke.

California is a common colloquialism used by natives. It is a truncation of PRK or "Peoples Republic of California". The "K" is an intentional implied communist related spelling.

Funny, Huh?

You must be from Northern Ca. Only the kool kids use California.

From the pic on this thread the Van looks pretty sweet. I haven't seen that many dually vans. Unfortunately, the post has been flagged and I cant view it anymore.

mallthus

Pretty good at some stuff

As a 5th generation Californian, I can tell you it's not a common colloquialism used by natives. It's a common term used by those on the political right when they're trying to ridicule the political trends they don't agree with.

Naïveté isn't becoming or helpful.

As for the Ford...it could be interesting, but seems like it's a bit too dear for a project.

Waltzing Matilda

Adventurer
Thanks for the 7.3 data DieselFreak- just bought one, appreciate the info.

(actually- I have the '97 Powerstroke turbo... not identical, but good to know its heritage)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz