Magnets to secure a tarp

AlbanyTom

Adventurer
That's a nice looking truck... I think it could work. Maybe put down a couple of coats of paste wax first. Clean under it every couple of months, thinking that water might get in between. Salt/snow from winter would be the worst. But... It's probably 6.5-7' tall, so even if it scratches a little, nobody is going to see it, and easy to touch up if it's white like that. Sounds like you have a really fun trip planned.

Oh, if it were mine, I'd be looking to add some led lights on the top sides/back, because I always end up setting up camp in the dark. But I'm late for everything.

Umnak

Adventurer
That's a nice looking truck... I think it could work. Maybe put down a couple of coats of paste wax first. Clean under it every couple of months, thinking that water might get in between. Salt/snow from winter would be the worst. But... It's probably 6.5-7' tall, so even if it scratches a little, nobody is going to see it, and easy to touch up if it's white like that. Sounds like you have a really fun trip planned.

Oh, if it were mine, I'd be looking to add some led lights on the top sides/back, because I always end up setting up camp in the dark. But I'm late for everything.

I plan on adding some lights up high, the one outside task light is at belt level and is almost useless. BTW, I lived in Center Square for about 15 years from 1980 -1995.

screwball48

Explorer
You could use clear 3m anti-scratch film to cover the area of the roof you are placing the magnets. It is the kind of stuff the dealer sales customers as scratch guard on the hood and doors of new vehicles. As far as C-clamps on the drip rails would the aluminum ones used for securing truck toppers work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

highdesertranger

Adventurer
you know I find it hard to believe that on a supposedly expedition forum that so many are worried about scratching their paint. really? if you want rare earth magnets they are all over the internet. prospectors use them a lot. btw, don't get a finger between two of them. imho if get a big blow the magnets will not hold fast. highdesertranger

AlbanyTom

Adventurer
I plan on adding some lights up high, the one outside task light is at belt level and is almost useless. BTW, I lived in Center Square for about 15 years from 1980 -1995.

Sounds like a plan...

You were within rock throwing distance of what is now the most corrupt government on the planet! :)

Umnak

Adventurer
Sounds like a plan...

You were within rock throwing distance of what is now the most corrupt government on the planet! :)

At least they sell their votes for a profit; research the Alaska Legislature's The Corrupt Bastard's Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior