FS Lowrance GPS, antenna and map card.

Matthew57892

Hello, I have for sale a Lowrance HDS 5M unit, Point-1 antenna and a Lowrance topo map card of the western side of the United States. I bought this unit and mounted it and didn't use it as much as I thought I would and still heavily use my handheld unit.

The unit itself has had minimal run time and the antenna has never been mounted. the only signs of any wear are on the protective cover for the unit, that has a few superficial scuffs. I would like to sell it all as a package. all together I'm in it 950 $

All boxes and all hardware and manuals are included. The only thing I don't have is the case the map card came in. The items are located in Las Vegas, NV im looking to get 650$ plus shipping.

Last edited:

Rockhounder

Explorer
I also use this, and to tell you the truth, everybody who sees it thinks it really is great, especially for true off-trail driving. It uses (what I believe to be) a radar generated elevation topographic map, but the awesome thing is that not only do you get to see ALL underwater features (as this unit was originally designed for nautical navigation) but you see radar shadows of really tiny surface features, down to individual houses, freeway overpasses, farmland cultivation furrowing, drainage ditches, smooth roadway surfaces, etc. I live in Pasadena, and sure enough, where the Rose Bowl is, you see on the topographic the big oval dish shape. Go over to downtown LA and you see all the highrise buildings, go to Disneyland, and you can clearly make out the castle, main street, matterhorn, etc. It is super awesome.

This unit has been super invaluable when rockhounding in the deserts and mountains, you can clearly see the canyon you are driving up, and even see if there is rough terrain ahead, or if the road ends, etc...

The only negative is that it only shows down to major streets(in terms of labelling with street names). It is really designed for letting you see the physical reality of your surroundings. Not as much detail as using google earth to look at the same patch of desert, but the simplified topographic coloring really makes it easy in aiding in identifying where you are in an area that is wilderness.

To everybody reading this thread, it is super cool, and very very worth the price he is asking.

IMG_5673.jpgIMG_5674.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles